Edwards the Mute

Started by momohedge, August 03, 2018, 10:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

momohedge

Hey there people!

I have gotten this apparent bug  3 times now within a few days (less than a week) in 3 different playthroughs now.

Story (see image attached):
I was playing on 3x speed and got 2 notifications:
  • one for a quest (bandit camp clearing)
  • a report that ''Edwards, Mute has gotten sick from [insert serious disease]''
    [serious disease] can be any serious health condition such as mechanites. I cannot remember the two earlier diseases other than they were serious conditions. 3rd time was fibrous mechanites.

Here is the issue: at no time did I have an Edwards or a mute in any of these playthroughs. Maybe it was reporting the disease for an NPC that was not on the map, no way for me to verify it though and more doubtful from the fact that the same mystery character had been affected. Also what seems weird is there is no option to 'Jump to location'. The option is actually grayed out.

As it might seem by my description of the issue, I cannot seem to reproduce the issue. Might be associated to quest generation/quest popup generation errors. Also no correlation between the quest and Edwards the Mute. I have completed these quests and nothing came of it other than the expected rewards.

I cant seem to attach a savegame file as it is about 10 MB. Until I know how I can either shrink it or get a smaller file.

First time in several years reporting a bug so I might have left out some important information. Please let me know if theres anything else I might want to add to flesh out the case.

[attachment deleted due to age]

momohedge

Seems to be related, yet it is hard to tell exactly since the thread is pretty bare bones.

Hopefully not too many people are getting this, not that its very disturbing.