[B19] Questionable Ethics - Cloning, organ growing and morally wrong stuff!

Started by ChJees, August 03, 2018, 12:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChJees

Updated now for B19. Not much changed aside from fixing a few grievances.

MrWisski

Cannot get my doctor to apply a brain scan to a new-ish clone. Doctor grabs the scan device, takes it to a random non-medical flagged bed (either regular, or medical bed, but it MUST not be medical flagged.) the clone stands still during this, then the doctor grabs the pawn, takes him to the bed, and puts the clone pawn in it. As soon as the clone hits the bed, We get an error :

JobDriver threw exception in initAction for pawn Doc driver=JobDriver_UseBrainTemplate (toilIndex=10) driver.job=(QE_ApplyBrainScanTemplate (Job_4294225) A=Thing_Human1102930 B=Thing_QE_BrainScannerFilled1089832 C=Thing_HospitalBed680646) lastJobGiver=Verse.AI.ThinkNode_QueuedJob
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.PawnDiedOrDownedThoughtsUtility.RemoveDiedThoughts (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn.SpawnSetup (Verse.Map map, Boolean respawningAfterLoad) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.GenSpawn.Spawn (Verse.Thing newThing, IntVec3 loc, Verse.Map map, Rot4 rot, WipeMode wipeMode, Boolean respawningAfterLoad) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.GenSpawn.Spawn (Verse.Thing newThing, IntVec3 loc, Verse.Map map, WipeMode wipeMode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.GenPlace.TryPlaceDirect (Verse.Thing thing, IntVec3 loc, Verse.Map map, Verse.Thing& resultingThing, System.Action`2 placedAction) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.GenPlace.TryPlaceThing (Verse.Thing thing, IntVec3 center, Verse.Map map, ThingPlaceMode mode, Verse.Thing& lastResultingThing, System.Action`2 placedAction, System.Predicate`1 nearPlaceValidator) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.GenDrop.TryDropSpawn (Verse.Thing thing, IntVec3 dropCell, Verse.Map map, ThingPlaceMode mode, Verse.Thing& resultingThing, System.Action`2 placedAction, System.Predicate`1 nearPlaceValidator) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingOwner.TryDrop (Verse.Thing thing, IntVec3 dropLoc, Verse.Map map, ThingPlaceMode mode, Verse.Thing& lastResultingThing, System.Action`2 placedAction, System.Predicate`1 nearPlaceValidator) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingOwner`1[Verse.Thing].TryDrop (Verse.Thing thing, IntVec3 dropLoc, Verse.Map map, ThingPlaceMode mode, Verse.Thing& lastResultingThing, System.Action`2 placedAction, System.Predicate`1 nearPlaceValidator) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn_CarryTracker.TryDropCarriedThing (IntVec3 dropLoc, ThingPlaceMode mode, Verse.Thing& resultingThing, System.Action`2 placedAction) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.Toils_Haul+<PlaceHauledThingInCell>c__AnonStorey6.<>m__0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 `

If I strip down to Core, AlienRace, QuestionableEthics, HugsLib (this save game will not load without hugslib) and load the game, i still get this error. I'm not sure if it is maybe some kind of corrupted data in the save file, or a left over artifact of having quite a few mods loaded.

If I start a new game, I still get the "cannot be a medically flagged bed" bug, but if i unflag the medical bed, the brain scan upload works.

RW version is 0.19.2009 rev486
AlienRace is from latest release on github.
Hugs is ver 5.0.2
QE version is both from drop box, and compiled from latest master branch.

I tried troubleshooting this myself, but I don't do any C#, and i've never done rimworld modding. 30 years experience coding could only get me so far. :( Really, REALLY hoping there is some way to fix this, as the save I'm trying to use is fairly advanced, fleshed out, and grown up.

System.Linq

Why would you call this mod questionable ethics when cloning and organ growing is so much more ethical than the standard Rimworld faire of imprisoning, harvesting, murdering, and butchering people?

Then again, I suppose these ethics are questionable, whereas there's no question the above is heinously unethical.

ChJees

Quote from: Linq on September 07, 2018, 08:54:53 AM
-snip-
Then again, I suppose these ethics are questionable, whereas there's no question the above is heinously unethical.
Oof.

I see no way to make it work without making a custom LayDown JobDriver for this. Welp, something to do today. Unborking mods.

MrWisski

I see no way to make it work without making a custom LayDown JobDriver for this. Welp, something to do today. Unborking mods.

Another thing I've noticed, that I'm not sure is intended, you can only apply a brain scan to a newly hatched vatgrown colonist. To natives, it just clicks and gives no message.

Kriyppler

Very cool mod but dare I ask for a patch for a dog said? Would be pretty cool if I could grow all the beaten and battered wargs i have some new noses and tails LOL. 

Zenrox

I love this mod very much  :D

However during my play I encountered a possible bug:
When [Colonist A]'s clone vat is out of maintenance, progression and materials gone, sure it is fine. I'll attempting to start again, but when I'm inserting the same default named [Colonist A]'s genome sequence template to the same clone vat, the clone vat status return to idle. Multiple tries same result, like a broken vending machine ate your coins without doing anything. After that I tried [Colonist B]'s genome sequence template and it worked again. Funny is that when clone vat completed, it came out as [Colonist A]'s clone, with a bunch of previously inserted genome sequence templates. Another workaround of this is renaming genome sequence template or deconstruct the affected clone vat.

That bug didn't produce any error logs so I can't provide anymore info, but it is easy to reproduce I think.

On the other hand, can I ask for a Psychology related patch? So far the trait "Gay" is converted to Kinsey rating and genome sequencer cannot trace it. And it would be nice to have advance version of brain scanning (require more research) to copy all value of pawn's Psyche tab and apply on clones, like copy one's memory and characteristics to the other. Thanks!

CrimsonPhalanx

This mod fills up what I was looking for.

Just a suggestion, since it supports alien races, is it possible for the mod to detect the organs of said alien races if they use a different bodytype? Or is the only way cloning the entire alien and then harvesting him till death is the only way I can find a replacement organ?

LunaticModo6

Love the mod! That aside, is there anyway of disposing of Brain/Gene Templates?

Will this have a Gene/Brain Storage similar to the Rimatomic Rod Storage? And is there a possibility for a Death Rattle compatibility?

limitlessenergy

i also would love to see 1.0 update that works with death rattle

ultra4

my 1.0 colony is breaking out of the industrial era and this mod is not up to date   :'(

.... wait the is a 1.0 on steam https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1541064151&searchtext=  :-[ giev forum link

Kapun

I think you have a typo in the description of the foot (the natural one). It says "A biological human arm. Dampens downward going motions and are great for foot baths"

ultra4

limitlessenergy

1.0 / forum version if possible this looks amazing and will go good with rimatomics, zombieland, and glitter to make for an interesting combo of death, destruction, and futurism!

limitlessenergy