[1.0] Night Vision 1.1: Everybody was night-time fighting...

Started by drumad, August 03, 2018, 06:48:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AwesomeMcAwesome

Quote from: NoCanDo on October 28, 2018, 11:14:02 PM
Numbers doesn't like this mod. Won't work with it.
Can confirm. It can't show the new stat added from night vision.

drumad

hi, thanks for the bug report. Released a new version with a fix on steam and github (v1.1.2). This doesn't sort everything: the "combat effects from light" stat will show as '0' and not give any detail. This is mainly because of my kind of clunky use of the stat as a sort of placeholder for a whole load of info. I want to clear that stat up somehow, but for now at least you shouldn't get any errors and Numbers will properly show the light multiplier stats.
Btw, how readable is the "combat effects from light" stat? When checked on the "i" info card I mean.

@Ruisuki, aye something like that would be good. I would like to be able give raiders some direction on what they steal; partly because I'd like to add a photo-phobic enemy that destroys lights, will have to see how that pans out

drumad

Update 1.1.3:
Bug fix:
Night Vision modifying aggro range for light multiplier will no longer break enemy AI during combat. Once combat begins the light multiplier will have no effect

@DiamondBorne, yes. We even have the goggles 8)

drumad

Ruisuki

what do you think about no lights reducing weapon range? like the grid overlay that shows the total shot distance when you hover over your weapon can still exist but a smaller red overlay inside that grid could show the reduce visibility range when you are standing in darkness. Might make short range weapons like shotguns actually useful by forcing the enemy to get closer to compensate. Also if im reading this right and this mod brings back the shot bonus against enemies that are standing in light this would be a good tradeoff for those standing in darkness and taking a shot at them.

Or nvm

Morbo513

drumad

@ruisuki, I've been thinking about that. As you say, it would need some sort of feedback like an overlay on the range circle, and I think standing in light looking into dark would be bad and maybe vice versa. It'd be a lot more complicated then it is now; so not soon :).

@Morbo513, should be very compatible - with Rah's, EPOE or anything really. Night Vision will automatically give night vision to any new eye bionics that are better than natural. You can change the settings in the Night Vision Mod settings - Health Conditions tab.

Morbo513

Quote from: drumad on November 04, 2018, 05:58:28 AM
@Morbo513, should be very compatible - with Rah's, EPOE or anything really. Night Vision will automatically give night vision to any new eye bionics that are better than natural. You can change the settings in the Night Vision Mod settings - Health Conditions tab.
That's great, thanks

Are there any known mod conflicts with this mod? I recently tried to debug my (very long) modlist, because Rimworld kept crashing without any error messages after a few minutes of playing, and I think I have it narrowed down to this mod, because removing it fixed this problem. I'm on Linux and would love to provide you with any error messages, but there aren't any. :(

Canute

Euler,
you should look at the logfile after a crash. There should be the reason for the crash.
If you start rimworld afte the crash the logfile will newly created so check it right after the crash.

Quote from: Canute on January 07, 2019, 04:06:05 AM
Euler,
you should look at the logfile after a crash. There should be the reason for the crash.
If you start rimworld afte the crash the logfile will newly created so check it right after the crash.

AFAIR, there were no relevant entries in the log file. The only entries I could find in there are still present, although I'm not using this mod anymore (since disabling it made the crashes disappear), and at the moment, Rimworld only crashes when it runs out of memory after a couple of hours of playtime.

Madman666

Didn't you say, you use Linux? On Linux it shouldn't ever run out of memory (though on 1.0 it also shouldn't be a problem with x64 bit), unless you just have low amount to begin with. Also, judging by your symptoms, i d say you ran into same problem we were having when Run&Gun mod was crashing the game every time raiders started to flee. If i remember right, it was because some detour, Linux didn't like a lot.

Quote from: Madman666 on January 07, 2019, 05:12:41 AM
Didn't you say, you use Linux? On Linux it shouldn't ever run out of memory (though on 1.0 it also shouldn't be a problem with x64 bit), unless you just have low amount to begin with. [...]

Yes, I do. I think I misphrased the "Rimworld only crashes when it runs out of memory" part. It's technically not Rimworld that's crashing, it's my OOM-killer killing Rimworld, because my system runs out of memory, although I've got 8GB of RAM. Before I start up Rimworld, my systems sits at around 10% memory usage (usually just Steam and a terminal), during load up, memory usage climbs to around 90%, and afterwards, memory usage increases very slowly over time, until memory is pretty much full (after a few hours only), which is when either the OOM-killer kills it, or I make the OOM-killer kill it, because Rimworld (and my whole system) gets completely unresponsive. I guess this limits how much time I waste playing Rimworld, so I don't really have a problem with it. If only startup wouldn't take so long...

Quote from: Madman666 on January 07, 2019, 05:12:41 AM
[...] Also, judging by your symptoms, i d say you ran into same problem we were having when Run&Gun mod was crashing the game every time raiders started to flee. If i remember right, it was because some detour, Linux didn't like a lot.

Yeah, the symptom is pretty much the same, but with Run&Gun, I at least got an "unhandled NULL exception" in my log most of the time. With this mod, there is nothing.

CathDubh