Fence...?

Started by yionguon, August 03, 2018, 11:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yionguon

I think fence is good idea in these conditions
- can not build more than 2x2 size because it's weired!
- cheaper than wall
- pawns can walk over it very slowly
- pawns can shoot from inside and outside
- wildlife animals can not pass
I really really want to see these fence in vanilla rimworpd!
sorry for bad english have a nice day~!
Hi. I'm Yionguon, Making Rimworld textures for fun, If you need help, contact [email protected]

Babuchas

I would love to see fences in vanilla too.

Headshotkill

Pasture fence: basic fence line with a couple lines of barbed wire to keep animals from getting out, moderatly slows down pawns trying to pass it and has a small chance of damaging clothing/giving small cuts. (wood and steel)

Barbed wire: Intertwined lines of thick barbed wire meant to stop humans from passing through, slows down pawns a lot and has a high chance of damaging clothing/giving cuts. (wood and more steel than pasture fence)

Thing is this would require raider ai to be improved so they either bomb the barbed wire in advance with mortars or cut it using wirecutters while under coverfire from some friends and perhaps a smokescreen. Large centipedes would just bulldoze over it and scythers would probably cut it up quickly with their blades.

Third_Of_Five

Quote from: yionguon on August 03, 2018, 11:54:42 PM
I think fence is good idea in these conditions
- can not build more than 2x2 size because it's weired!
- cheaper than wall
- pawns can walk over it very slowly
- pawns can shoot from inside and outside
- wildlife animals can not pass
I really really want to see these fence in vanilla rimworpd!
sorry for bad english have a nice day~!

+1
I've suggested this as well, I find it rather annoying that I have to enclose my farm animals inside a wall to protect them from predators. I think this would be easy to implement too, as all that a fence would really be is just a re-textured sandbag that animals can't walk through.

Injured Muffalo

Quote from: Headshotkill on August 04, 2018, 06:14:00 AM

Barbed wire: Intertwined lines of thick barbed wire meant to stop humans from passing through, slows down pawns a lot and has a high chance of damaging clothing/giving cuts. (wood and more steel than pasture fence)

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42168.msg414889#msg414889

^_^
A muffalo encountered a vimp near a patch of sweet vegetables. A struggle ensued. The muffalo gored the vimp with its horns. The vimp bit the muffalo with its beak. Finally, the vimp was bested, sending large chunks of its flesh in every direction. But the muffalo was injured. It shed a single tear.