What do you make for crafting training?

Started by thehay95, August 04, 2018, 02:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehay95

It is too hard to raise the crafting level.

Clothes are made by making one or two pieces, and even the clothes of the enemy accelerate this point.

In order to produce a high grade weapon or component, production training is necessary, but it is difficult to know what to train.

What do you train for?

Is it still best to dress in a17 when the value of apparel sales is decreasing?
Công ty giúp việc nhà, dịch vụ giúp việc nhà theo giờ giá rẻ

mndfreeze

The worst is when I roll a pawn with 0 crafting on naked brutality and not realize it until I start, then struggle to make even a bow to hunt with. lol.

zizard

If wood is abundant, then wooden swords or wooden plate may be used. But maybe this will be nerfed too and the intention is that you must find a 8+ crafter or inject the crafting ability directly into the brain. It is impossible to know the mind of god.

Golden

Wooden ikwas.  From what I can tell and for the wood expense, they give the most xp per time involved.  Of course that is only going to work if you have a decent supply of wood.

If someone else has a better object, please post it.  :)

Ser Kitteh

1. Grow tons of cotton
2. Make lots of clothes

There you go.

Mufflamingo

Use electric tailoring bench but dont power it.

There you go.
Bleeeee. . . . .

Ser Kitteh

Is it better to have inefficient crafting (no power tailoring, no tool boxes) or to have them for saving materials but levelling crafting?

cultist

I always use the hand tailoring bench. You are rarely in any hurry to make clothing and even then, a decent crafter can make simple items like pants or shirts in about a day. The increased XP gain is never not worth it.

Kirby23590

It's simple.

Clothes.

With lots of cotton from farming or lots of leather from hunting or from a manhunter pack. For cannibal + evil colonies i have human leather clothes for training my crafters too.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

fritzgryphon

Hunt everything if you can and make clothes with the leather.   Also trains the hunter in shooting.

Serenity

Koek

Quote from: thehay95 on August 04, 2018, 02:09:48 AM
It is too hard to raise the crafting level.

To be fair, crafting is one of the easiest to get to, and keep on, the top tier levels. Just don't have too many crafters working at once.
Instead have just 1 or maybe 2 colonists checked with tailoring and smithing and a few others for the simpler crafting stuff like cutting stone and rolling smokeleaf.
I have 15 colonists at the moment and just 1 of them is doing all the smithing/tailoring. This keeps his level high while 2 others are doing the menial stuff.

Polder

Crafting in a cold room with an unpowered tailoring bench seems to be a way to increase the experience per material. Good if you're in a biome with few tailoring materials.

cultist

Quote from: Polder on August 05, 2018, 04:31:14 AM
Crafting in a cold room with an unpowered tailoring bench seems to be a way to increase the experience per material. Good if you're in a biome with few tailoring materials.

Put it outside for even more workspeed penalty.

5thHorseman

Someone (with drawing skill) needs to make a webcomic of this. The town doctor hand-cranking a normally-electric sewing machine to make a toque out of patched together hunks of animal flesh, next to a wall section with an air conditioner blowing cold air right on him (which sadly doesn't seem to actually work) while the master craftsman looks on disapprovingly.

"Why am I doing this again?"
"So you can learn to make medicine."
"How does ... THIS ... teach me how to make medicine?"
"Wax on. Wax off."
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.