[1.0] Hotkeys

Started by Aze, November 02, 2018, 03:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aze

Tired of moving your mouse all over the screen while your other hand sits idly by? Hotkeys fixes that, making UI navigation much faster (and sometimes completely skippable)!

Download on Steam
Download from Github

Currently Implemented:

• Multi-Keybindings: Bind multiple keys to a single item, allowing things like "Ctrl + X" to go straight to deconstructing.
  • Architect Hotkeys: Open any subtab in the architect menu with a single keypress.
  • Command Hotkeys: Set any command in the bottom left to a hotkey. Using a Direct Hotkey to go from the world to any designator, or a Gizmo Hotkey to override the default binding provided by the "misc" keys.
  • Shift-Keybinding: Bind shift to any key you want. (Workaround for a Unity issue that prevents shift being detected in the vanilla binding menu.)
Configuration:

• Portions of the mod can be enabled/disabled in the mod settings menu.
  • An "Assign Gizmos" key is generated. This can be assigned like any other keybinding - I recommend Alt+Shift+Ctrl.
  • In game, while holding the Assign Gizmos key, right click on any Command (such as Forbid in the Orders menu).
  • Changing or removing keys is also done by holding the Assign Gizmos key and right clicking on the relevant Command.
  • The default behavior is sufficient for 90% of cases. If keys overlap and you want to edit them, the "key Specificity" can be edited, which is explained in game.
Compatibility:

• Hotkeys can be added or removed at any time. Nothing should ever break a save file.
  • At worst, an error should pop up - if this occurs please let me know so I can fix it.
  • Errors will likely be thrown if hotkeys are set for nonstandard designators implemented by mods. If that happens...don't do it. This won't break anything, it will just throw an error and not behave as expected, so far I've only seen this with Designator Shapes.
Credits:

• The many people who've helped on the discord server.
License:

• You can include this in a modpack.
  • Do whatever with the code, just credit me.
Source

Aze

I've just updated the mod improving the multi-key support.  Grab the latest release from github or steam - let me know if anything's broken.

notfood

I installed it but I have no idea what to hotkey. What do you usually do?

NoCanDo

I don't get it. How do I hotkey to priority sow for example?

Aze

Quote from: notfood on November 13, 2018, 09:06:56 PM
I installed it but I have no idea what to hotkey. What do you usually do?

I like to set up Direct-Hotkeys for everything in the orders tab.  X for Deconstruct, C to Cancel, G to Mine, etc.

I haven't played since introducing Multi-Keybindings, but I introduced those specifically because it was too hard to find keybinds for the architect tabs.  So I was also planning on that; something like Shift+F for Furniture, and so on.

Quote from: NoCanDo on November 14, 2018, 05:27:10 AM
I don't get it. How do I hotkey to priority sow for example?

Can you clarify what you're asking?  If by hotkey for priority sow you mean where you'd right click and set a pawn to sow, then that's not a feature I currently have.  I'll think about working on it at some point because it does sound useful though.

Aze

Just released a new update to fix/improve stuff.  The big improvement is that you can now have overlapping keybindings, such as ctrl+g, shift+g, and ctrl+shift+g and they won't interfere with each other.

NoCanDo

How do I make quicksave and quickload f5 f8 respectively?

Aze

Quote from: NoCanDo on November 25, 2018, 01:44:23 PM
How do I make quicksave and quickload f5 f8 respectively?

I don't add anything to quicksave or quickload.  If you're using a mod then I assume the keybinding options to alter those would be in the standard keybinding menu.

Aze

New update:
- Completely revamped UI that allows setting keys within the game itself.
- New Command Hotkeys to set bindings for any commands as either a Direct or Gizmo Hotkey.
- Internal restructure that nobody else cares about.
- Small behavior tweaks to a variety of minor issues that I noted as I played.

Aze

Fixed mod incompatibility that could cause the UI to disappear.

Fixed issue where keys couldn't be assigned if Hotkeys was loaded after Allow Tool.

Eyennoying

Hi, is there any way to execute developer mode events and commands?