[1.1] Search and Destroy

Started by Roolo, August 04, 2018, 04:49:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roolo

Quote from: nickdos on October 18, 2018, 11:58:13 AM
Your github link shows a "source code" download and not a release, it might confuse some people.
That's just what GitHub does by default. Adding a button to the mod without the source requires me to upload the mod without source files manually, each time I create an update (as far as I know at least). That's just too annoying for me, so I'll stick to the default.

Quote from: iceball3
link=topic=43068.msg442747#msg442747 date=1540923832

I don't suppose there's a B18 version in existence anywhere? I can totally understand if it doesn't exist of course, just been having too much of a blast with CE to leave it behind by updating :P
No, I created this mod when B19 came out, so there was never a B18 version.

Madman666

You know, i really underestimated this mod. Usually its a bad idea to not micromanage any kind of fight yourself, especially with Run&Gun on, but damn is it good for finishing off stragglers after they broken into fleeing, banging on doors and walls all over your base. Colonists are brutally effective at dealing with those with S&D enabled. Also helps keep melee fighters on the offensive without you manually telling them not to stand in the open catching bullets, after their target was killed and no new orders issued. Although you d still wanna keep watch on how melees are doing, to prevent them from like running out on several people with automatic firearms. Excellent mod. Should be called Brutal Efficiency. Or Efficient Brutality? :P

Roolo

Quote from: Madman666 on November 06, 2018, 03:10:59 AM
You know, i really underestimated this mod. Usually its a bad idea to not micromanage any kind of fight yourself, especially with Run&Gun on, but damn is it good for finishing off stragglers after they broken into fleeing, banging on doors and walls all over your base. Colonists are brutally effective at dealing with those with S&D enabled. Also helps keep melee fighters on the offensive without you manually telling them not to stand in the open catching bullets, after their target was killed and no new orders issued. Although you d still wanna keep watch on how melees are doing, to prevent them from like running out on several people with automatic firearms. Excellent mod. Should be called Brutal Efficiency. Or Efficient Brutality? :P

Thanks Madman :) Yeah the essence with this mod is learning when and how to use it. If you use it in every single situation, it probably won't end well, but if you learn to spot the right moment to use it, it can make quite a difference in your favour. 

Roolo

Update:
v1.2.0
- Added compatibility with Rimworld 1.1. This version also work for Rimworld 1.0. Credits go to Odyssey Scorpio for helping out with updating.

iceball3

Thanks for this mod! I haven't made very much use of it yet, but even having the option available is really nice.