Do you even get high bruh? Lets talk drugs.

Started by mndfreeze, August 04, 2018, 11:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlzovozlm

an extremely expensive archotech kidney 'd be nice addition to the game, then i can finally go total drug colony

Crow_T

I'd love to see the addiction and organ damage effects reduced quite a bit to make drug use a less dangerous option.  Maybe when 1.0 lands I'll tweak the numbers to have some fun, currently the majority of drugs are off limits.

I used to utilize smokeleaf, but it slows everyone down too much. Currently I am making beer and tea and it seems to be going well- I wish this thread started a week earler because I over did it on the tea tho haha, I had 2 pawns on it twice a day, one for a brain injury to speed them up, another had a proposal rejected and was always on break risk. Now I am in need of kidney donors!
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

Ser Kitteh

@Greep Last time I check, you actually can't? You can tell them to take drugs at a certain time under a certain treshold, but you can't tell them to carry one around just in case.

Smart Medicine allows for this and that's why I love it. Everyone carries a bottle of go juice just in case.

Bionic kidneys are sadly missing. However even without them, go juice can in fact give brain damage and you can't exactly craft new brains either. Healer serums are rare enough and very RNG.

zizard

Quote from: Greep on August 05, 2018, 07:07:39 AM
Just use take to inventory in the drug schedule :D

Doesn't seem to work reliably, especially if they don't use it regularly.

warrri

They dont take drugs during working hours, if youve set them up in the restrict tab. Only during Anything or recreation time.

cultist

I like to keep some smokeleaf and wake-up around for emergency joy/rest boosts but beyond that, I think there's too much risk. Snipers on wake-up would be useful if pawns had a snowball's chance in hell to hit anything in the dark but as it stands, you're better off just letting them have their sleep and rotate a fresh pawn to take over in the morning.

Yayo can replace either, but it's too addictive for my taste. Pekoe and beer are OK, but I don't like even a minor addiction chance from something that provides such a small benefit. Everything else is off the table, psycho can be used for suicide missions I guess but I would never use it unless desperate.

ZaPhobos

Drugs are great!  As long as you can maintain them.

Beer: With a decent growing field you can have tons of beer surplus to keep pawns happy.  As long as they only have 1 drink a day it takes forever for them to get addicted or get a carcinoma.  For addiction, if you have a large enough supply you can just keep feeding it.  In the case of a carcinoma you can just... extract a fresh kidney.  No real downsides either.

Smokeleaf: Really great for emergency mood boosts, but will kill your productivity.  Should really be used sparingly, and not even for joy unless they're in a danger threshold and constantly on edge - then they're just a slug all the time.

Flake/Yayo:  It's really cheap to get someone hooked on Flake, but Yayo has a decent benefit for speed and pain reduction.  Snort up before combat for a better pain threshold when you're defending.  I really only use Flake as a money drug, once I have enough Yayo as an emergency combat drug.

Tea:  Really cheap mood booster that can keep those addictions from hurting you.  Great early game, and doesn't have the downsides that smokeleaf does.  Just don't use a lot of it if you don't have to, and you should really only need it for addictions late game.

Wake-up:  Haven't really used it.  Good for a rest boost if you really, REALLY need it to stop that impending raid.

Go-juice:  Addictive combat drug that should really only be used for major emergencies when you REALLY need to take down those guys that have landed in the middle of your garden with shotguns.  The downsides are no joke if you get addicted and go into withdrawl.

Greep

Interesting note:  If you use beer every day, psychite tea every now and then, smokeleaf every now and then, you can end up with an overdose if you try safely using wake-up.  Anyone know off hand which organ deals with overdosing? Maybe I need these bionic stomachs after all.  I'm guessing it's either kidneys or liver tho :(
1.0 Mods: Raid size limiter:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42721.0

MineTortoise:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42792.0
HELLO!

(WIPish)Strategy Mode: The experienced player's "vanilla"
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43044.0

bbqftw

I thought social drugs don't contribute to overdose at all. looking at defs/drugs doesn't show overdose effect for those drugs

But penox does!

<overdoseSeverityOffset>
          <min>0.08</min>
          <max>0.14</max>
        </overdoseSeverityOffset>

However even with max rolls on both the wake up (35%) and penox (14%) it shouldn't be possible with safe wakeup dose to OD.

iirc OD can affect kidney (bad), brain (really really bad, dont even think can be removed with luci)

Greep

Omg penox does?  I was using that :(  I'm also using psychite tea which I'm not sure technically counts as social drug (edit: checked, it doesn't give overdose).  I'll check it out.  It's possible I also used wakeup unsafely.  Hard to tell if you lumped 2 days ago or 3 :/

Actually drug severity completely depletes in a day. I have no idea what caused it then.  probably made the same pawn take the drugs on accident.  ::)

MineTortoise:
HELLO!

patoka

personally, i rarely use any drugs whatsoever. especially with my two latest runs i ended up with so many chemically interested and fascinated pawns that it was just impossible.
on the bright side, i noticed how chemically interested and fascinated pawns like eachother more, so now i am actively on the lookout for druggies xD

in other runs i used to produce flake a lot, but that was before i went way up with the difficulty. maybe i should try another run where i play on the highest difficulty and i MUST build a drug imperium. in general though i wall my drugs in and in rare occasions i even burn them because i just cant be bothered. especially pets love to gobble them up and i have no chance on checking on that. same problem as with chocolate. ridiculous how they can smell it over the entire map.

but really, in normal games i still only rarely use drugs. i have used go juice and yayo before to make an old frost bitten friendly leave the map, i sometimes feel the need to use some mood enhancing drugs.
honestly, most of the time you can fairly easily work around drugs, you really dont NEED them. for mood you can easily make very impressive rooms, especially if you combine certain types efficiently (rec eating room is old news, hospital kitchens is how I roll). late game plastering storage rooms with shelves is also easy for no beauty debuff. carpets are a given, also, knowing when to invest into flooring is important. if you cant clean, dont have any flooring, sand and soil is better than dirty carpets. fine meals are also a given, in emergencies you can make lavish meals aswell with a bit of micro.

but i guess most importantly you should look the hell out what kind of pawn you try to recruit. a depressive pawn is just a major annoyance. the only thing that's too smart about too smart pawns is that you can just release them and shoot them next time they attack you. get the nudists, night owls and happy pawns. in the long run they are better choices. it doesnt matter how fast a pawn works because raids scale with your progress, so that's pretty much a dead trait. no problem if an oaf, lazy or whatever. as long as they are able to shoot a gun or swing a sword, they're good with me. (and as said, if you have multiple druggies, they become really good friends and marry easily. same is true for teetotalers, but be careful if you mix the two groups. that's bad news)

ps: you can give luci to prisoners that you plan on releasing. everytime they come back to attack you they will bring some luci with them. if you shoot them down or dead, their luci is yours and your investment was worth it *evil grin*
surely you dont need to rebutcher corpses that you already half butchered if you leave the table to smoke a joint real quick?

bbqftw

The mistake is not shipping chem int and chem fasc off this mortal coil wherever you find them.

Awe

Quote from: Greep on August 05, 2018, 07:07:39 AM
Just use take to inventory in the drug schedule :D

Seems like they are dont take anything until use condition triggered. Im now just build little drug/food storage near killbox, but definitely want pawns to always carry 1 beer, tea, smokeleaf and wake-up. So probably one more "must have" mod added to my mod-list after 1.0 release.

bbqftw

There is a slight efficiency issue that I'd like to get input on.

Drug consumption itself gains recreation, so there is a bit of a bad feeling if you set drug consumption to occur at any recreation level. It feels like you are missing out on efficiency. That said, often with forced recreation time there won't be that many situations where pawn is simultaneously low mood + low rec to trigger drug consumption (if you set a mood requirement). And ultimately, I'd rather a pawn take drug than risk most mental break.

How do you people deal with this? Rec threshold for drug use or not?

Greep

I just have more recreation types so I don't have to worry about it.  It is definitely a weirdness in the system, though.

Oh you mean like, making sure they don't drink beer at 100% recreation.  I think that wouldn't happen often: chances are they're guzzling booze because you drafted them too long and that's the first thing they'll do before recreation.

[attachment deleted due to age]

MineTortoise:
HELLO!