[1.3] Pawn Rules (v1.5.0): Disallow Foods, Relationships and More

Started by Jaxe, August 05, 2018, 12:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaxe

Quote from: YellowElephant on September 04, 2018, 10:55:43 AM
When a food policy is enabled for my wolves, training appears infinite and the pawn just follow the animal without failing or suceeding (handling skill still progress). My pawn was using kibble for training (which is -- of course, enabled in the food policy). When the policy is set to "Unrestricted", there isn't any issue. Any idea?

Thanks for the feedback. I've also noticed an issue with training but in my game there were times when training was a success even with a food policy set (although when it worked in my case I was using raw meat on a husky). I'm not entirely sure what is causing this as this mod only interferes when fetching a food not consuming it. As the trainer brings the food to the animal I can only assume the rule check was a success so I'm not sure why the training gets halted but I will look into this.

Edit: After some testing with just this mod I couldn't get the bug to occur so there's a possibility this issue might be coming from somewhere else

Jaxe

Version 1.0.8
- Updated to handle 0.19.2017 changes in translator method. Backwards compatible, should be no difference for older versions.

Link to latest release

Jaxe

Jaxe

Version 1.1.0
- Fixed default rules not applying to prisoners and guests
- Arresting own colonists now keep their original rules

Link to latest release

Jaxe

Version 1.1.1
- Re-fixed "not allowed artisan builds" tooltip
- Fixed "Could not find player faction" error on new game
- Fixed ability to train animals if an animal has a food policy set
- New Global option: Allow food if malnourished (if a pawn is is suffering from malnutrition they will ignore all food rules) [Default: False]
- New Global option: Allow food if training (if an animal is being trained they ignore all food rules) [Default: False]
- Plans can be imported/exported between games. A plan consists of all rule presets and defaults bundled into one file.

...and Version 1.1.2 quickfix
- Fixed null reference error when a pawn without rules attempts to build

Link to latest release

Jaxe

Version 1.1.3
- More fixes to animal training food handling
- Added support for non-Latin characters in preset names

Link to latest release

Will probably stop making bumping update posts here as there is a lack of activity on this thread. I will still change the title to show the latest version and this mod will still be available on GitHub for those not using Steam but this thread will probably be checked for replies and updated less regularly.

laffin

Thanks for the update, I have been using this mod for a while and you've done a great job. I download from github and will continue to watch for the title changes so I know when a new version pops up.

Canute

QuoteVersion 1.1.3
- More fixes to animal training food handling
now on 1.1.4
but the training food handling is still not satisfied.
From my point i would say, a trainer ignore the food rules for the animal and use the best food for that animal.
When i set animals not to use any hay/kibble/meal so they are going to eat the grass outside, my trainer still don't find food to train these.

Jaxe

Version 1.1.4
- Better optimization of data
- Re-fixed "Could not find player faction bug"
- Added support for upcoming version of RimHUD

Link to latest release

Jaxe

Quote from: Canute on September 21, 2018, 09:16:58 AM
but the training food handling is still not satisfied.
From my point i would say, a trainer ignore the food rules for the animal and use the best food for that animal.
When i set animals not to use any hay/kibble/meal so they are going to eat the grass outside, my trainer still don't find food to train these.

Animal food handling has been quite hard to get right. There is a global option for "Allow any food for training" which should let the trainer use any food to train the animal. I will check it again soon.

Canute

Dang,
why did you hide these global option at the Rules window.
Ok i can understand it, all things together, but i looked under mod options first.

Amnesiac

Hello, been using this a lot. Thank you for the mod!

I'd like to report an incompatibility with Fluffy's Stuffed Floors, (I think?) incase you can fix

If a pawn is set to disallow Artisan Crafting with Pawn Rules, they cannot craft floors even though the floors should not be marked as "Artisan" since they don't have a quality level like a chair or table does. This may also involve Fluffy's Stuffed Floors, but I'm not sure.

When a pawn is set to not allow Artisan Crafting, it throws this error:

Pic: https://i.imgur.com/crmUl6f.png

When trying to right click force work on floors:
https://git.io/fAFEW

When pawn naturally tries to work on floors:
https://git.io/fAFEl

Edit: Okay, apparently they just can't craft ANY floors for me, not just the one's added by other mods. :( If they try, it throws these errors.

I also get this error when I load the game, not sure if it should be of concern. https://git.io/fAFud
Pic: https://i.imgur.com/rFErqo7.png

Edit 2: Okay, I tried with ONLY this and Hugslib mod enabled, and still get the errors when trying to build just vanilla floors, so currently this mod must have a bug with the allow artisan feature :( Tested with v 1.1.4, 1.1.3, and 1.1.2

Jaxe

Jaxe

Updated to v1.1.5
- Fix for non-artisan's trying to build non-objects (such as floors)

Link to latest release

Canute

Jaxe,
could you please check the V1.1.5 release zip on Github ?
I got a strange file structure
\Mods\PawnRules\About\About.xml\About.xml
I saw the master got assemblies, i will use that.... failed.
Back to 1.1.4.