[B19] Set Up Camp - once again

Started by Syrchalis, August 08, 2018, 01:35:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syrchalis

It's time to set up camp again. For all your caravan managing needs, you can now set up camp anywhere. Camp map size is customizable and map duration is unlimited.

GitHub
Steam

[1.1]New update - major features:
Random seed - you will get a different map every time you set up a camp on the same tile now.
Leave Timer - after 1-30 days you will be forced to leave the map, this can be configured in the settings, moving the slider to the far left OR right will turn this OFF!
Abandoned Camps - the tile will be blocked after leaving, similar to abandoned settlements, BUT this "abandoned camp" will vanish after 1-180 days, this can also be configured in the settings and also turned OFF by moving the sliders to the far left OR right.

Originally by Nandonalt
Re-coded and improved by Syrchalis
Assistance provided by spd, potatoclip

Note: I know the 1.0 unstable has been renamed to 0.19 - the about.xml reflects that, but I will keep it as title and version number for the future.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

Syggin

Syrchalis

Yeah, me too, that's why I spent the night coding this thing. I mean I lost a lot of playtime... once again, but in return I can play tomorrow... WITH CAMPS!
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

Wanderer_joins

It would be great if you could include an option to have camps be the target of something, either caravan events or map events.

Syrchalis

Quote from: Wanderer_joins on August 08, 2018, 05:36:01 AM
It would be great if you could include an option to have camps be the target of something, either caravan events or map events.
Easy enough... just add
<IncidentTargetTag>
<li>Map_PlayerHome</li>
</IncidentTargetTag>

to the worldobjectdef.

I added that to the mod as a setting, also with caravan events alternatively.

Edit: New version is up.

MisterLock

Oh my god I freaking love you, THANK YOU FOR THIS!
To each his own.

carnifex2005

Thanks for this update! Was totally missing this since in 1.0 caravaning improved so much that I actually starting going on the road more often.

DariusWolfe

QuoteRe-coded and improved by Syrchalis

What were the improvements?

Wanderer_joins

Thanks a lot for the update. I think caravan events could be on by default, in 1.0 (or 0.19) caravan events are much more forgiving than in previous versions.

Anyway, good stuff!

Syrchalis

Quote from: DariusWolfe on August 09, 2018, 05:09:33 AM
QuoteRe-coded and improved by Syrchalis

What were the improvements?
Mostly stuff invisible to the user, but the original code was very outdated and had many redundant lines. It also did not use harmony to patch the method that added the button. So in other words: It's less likely to break now and less likely to be incompatible with other mods.

Then there is of course small improvements. For example the original code would not make the Camp disappear after you pressed "Abandon Camp" - because it didn't force a tick (aka unpausing the game for 1/60th of a second).

Further, the old mod had all text hard-coded, so translation was impossible. I made it so all text is translateable.

Kiame

heh thanks for picking this up Syrchalis. I was planning to but my other mods are keeping me busy  :P

Proxyer

Hello, author.
I have created a Japanese translation. So I sent Pull request from GitHub. Please confirm and merge. Thank you.

déku

For me, enabling this mod disables all caravan controls on the world map. I don't know if this is a mod compatibility problem, or if other also experience this.

Canute

déku,
you should enable developer mode, check if there are any error's.
Special when you enter world view with a caravan.
When there are any error's you should post the full log either CTRL-F12 if you got hugslib or the output_log.txt

Syrchalis

New update [1.1] with major features. See original post for info.