[B19] Set Up Camp - once again

Started by Syrchalis, August 08, 2018, 01:35:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proxyer

Update cheers for good work.
I updated the Japanese translation for 1.1. And I sent a pull request from GitHub. Please confirm and merge. Thank you.

Syrchalis

Added the translation, thanks for updating it, there were quite a few new entries.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

déku

These are the errors I get when I form a new caravan. Haven't tried the update yet, maybe it fixes it.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'RimWorld.IncidentTargetTagDef' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=0.19.6792.31276, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
at Syrchalis_SetUpCamp.SetUpCamp.GetGizmosPostfix (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<Verse.Gizmo>&,RimWorld.Planet.Caravan) <IL 0x00018, 0x000ac>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.Planet.Caravan.GetGizmos_Patch1 (object) <IL 0x00023, 0x00065>
at RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid.DrawInspectGizmoGridFor (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<object>,Verse.Gizmo&) [0x00049] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\MainButtons\Inspect\InspectPaneFiller.cs:240

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:78)
Verse.Log:ErrorOnce(String, Int32, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:105)
RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid:DrawInspectGizmoGridFor(IEnumerable`1, Gizmo&) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\MainButtons\Inspect\InspectPaneFiller.cs:291)
RimWorld.Planet.WorldInspectPane:DrawInspectGizmos() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\World\WorldInspectPane.cs:134)
RimWorld.InspectPaneUtility:ExtraOnGUI(IInspectPane) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\MainButtons\Inspect\InspectPaneUtility.cs:128)
RimWorld.Planet.WorldInspectPane:ExtraOnGUI() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\World\WorldInspectPane.cs:206)
Verse.WindowStack:WindowStackOnGUI() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\Windows\WindowStack.cs:169)
RimWorld.UIRoot_Play:UIRootOnGUI() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\UIRoot_Play.cs:91)
Verse.Root:OnGUI() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root.cs:164)

Edit: Yup, the latest version fixes it, but I don't know what changed :|

rawrfisher

I think that was just a botched install.  Just guessing tho
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Syrchalis

Update: Added option to enable resources on camp maps. Is entirely independent from encounter maps. You can use "Encounter Map Resources" (the mod) and still have resources turned off for camps or not use the mentioned mod and have resources turned on for camp maps.

For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

rawrfisher

Nice now if only I had a camping stuff to go with it.  There was a port but it was rough to say the least
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Canute

Syrchalis,
i couldn't play it myself yet (no steam), but at the old version you could set the map size at the option. No big thing.
But when you have them set to a fixed size, min = max, you allways got the same map with same resources/flora/fauna at the same tile.
I think this is too much exploidable and i think the map allways should be random, since the temp. map is just a small part of the original Large map.
What do you think ?

Syrchalis

Quote from: Canute on August 16, 2018, 03:15:25 AM
Syrchalis,
i couldn't play it myself yet (no steam), but at the old version you could set the map size at the option. No big thing.
But when you have them set to a fixed size, min = max, you allways got the same map with same resources/flora/fauna at the same tile.
I think this is too much exploidable and i think the map allways should be random, since the temp. map is just a small part of the original Large map.
What do you think ?
Uh... there is a non steam version on Github? Also there is a double slider to set map size range and the mod creates a random seed every time you make a map, so it's always different, even if in the same tile.

Canute

QuoteUh... there is a non steam version on Github?
Rimworld unstable on Github ? :-)

QuoteAlso there is a double slider to set map size range and the mod creates a random seed every time you make a map, so it's always different, even if in the same tile.
Like at the old version.
But what happen when both slider are at the same size ? Did you test it ?

Syrchalis

Well yes of course - it's an int range, so it takes a random value from between the lowest and highest. If they are the same value it just means there is no randomness.

The old version didn't create a new seed every time in the same tile. The only mod that I know that even messes with seeds is MapReroll, that's where I took the inspiration for the code from.

Sadiew1990

When I try to go to the github link it says that "This site cannot provide a secure connection." And I can't get through. Is there any way around this? I don't play on steam (paranoid about switching over).

Ruisuki

Quote from: Syrchalis on August 09, 2018, 06:35:20 AM
Quote from: DariusWolfe on August 09, 2018, 05:09:33 AM
QuoteRe-coded and improved by Syrchalis

What were the improvements?
Mostly stuff invisible to the user, but the original code was very outdated and had many redundant lines. It also did not use harmony to patch the method that added the button. So in other words: It's less likely to break now and less likely to be incompatible with other mods.

Then there is of course small improvements. For example the original code would not make the Camp disappear after you pressed "Abandon Camp" - because it didn't force a tick (aka unpausing the game for 1/60th of a second).

Further, the old mod had all text hard-coded, so translation was impossible. I made it so all text is translateable.
thank god. i had to save before using it originally in case this happened to me

Rex705

Can you make it so making a camp doesn't make a blank square on the colonist bar?

Canute

A blank bear mean, you have a second active map without colonist on it.
Maybe you forget an animal that keep that map active.
Or did you enable permanent camps at the mod options.

Ruisuki

do the temporary camps corresponding to the tiles weather? IE: cold biome in the artic, no desert locations when setting up there.