How to keep performance going?(modding)

Started by Deathawaits4, August 08, 2018, 12:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deathawaits4

So i am working on a mod, that lets people teleport/fly with planes/drive/walk to new player colonies. Infact this is a toned down feature of having multiple colonies, in order to save performance. So what this does is, you can build 3 outposts or so, but only get the normal amount of pawns. These outposts are fully integrated with eachother, making flight between these possible as a way of fast travel. What i want to do is give a feeling of econonomy, having a outpost for food production, using A.I to automate some aspects of transportation between colonys and give ways for pawns to really fast travel between them when the right technology level is reached. IMO this is a strain on RAM, but since 1.0 introduced 64 bit version, this shouldnt be a problem anymore.

So now is my question, what are the most performance heavy parts i should try to avoid? I already have plans on keeping this as performance friendly as possible. This should only increase the building space alot, while keeping the GPU strain as low as possible. But since a new map is generated, tree growth, animals and all such things will be simulated aswell and i dont know how high the strain is when having multiple maps. Any tipps?