installing AI persona core into a downed scyther or centapede

Started by Bobisme, August 08, 2018, 02:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobisme

Installing an AI persona core into a scyther or centapede gives you a nice worker drone and fighter.

As AI persona cores are so rare, i don't see it as OP, do you send em out to die and waste that core? or do you keep him as a high speed hauler? a centipede would be vicious, maybe a little OP heh..

Perhaps scyther can drone and centipede can fight, with lower durability as it's a hack job?
5% chance of ceptipede getting shot in head destroying AI persona core, turning it against all, using AI persona core to turn droid may increase droid attacks?

AileTheAlien

I'd like to see scythers used for high-speed harvesting of my crops...

Chicken Breast

But what about the risk of the AI now having a weapon and a body to move in? We don't really know much about the AI integrated into the core, and I'm wary of AI mixing with weaponized robot bodies :/

Maybe a chance of an event like, "AI turns on you" to balance it out? Just a small chance. Maybe 1% or less?

Interesting idea, anyway :) I like the idea of being able to repair the mechanoids and programming them to be sentinels or guards for your colony

Sig by Me!

Bobisme

That's what i was thinking, like the tame chance, a chance it will go hostile
You could go one step further,
.. The AI persona core allows it to haul but use a trainer serum on top and you can train it in one and only one skill, another trainer serum overwrites the first, but i dunno about doc' scythers... etc deeper water there..

Would be cool to see a new enemy/entity unlike the scyther to emerge from the AI persona core use

AptAlarm619

Or how about using the resurrector mech serum? could make the mechanoid turn to your side if used on one...