Change grouping of meat and raw resources in selection menus.

Started by BlackSmokeDMax, August 09, 2018, 07:54:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackSmokeDMax

As title suggests, I'd like to see a small change in how meat and raw resources are grouped in both stockpiles and bill materials.

Meat: I'd like to see an easier to quickly setup meat stockpile that contains only "desired meat" (but better name!) This would mean that insect and human wouldn't be grouped in with the other meats that pose no issues in including with meals. This would make it easier to quickly setup, rather than having to click the whole section and then remember to disallow both insect and human meat. I do realize that those are off by default in the meal recipes, but with editing it does sometimes get changed. I think ideally there would be two groups under meat, one for the desired, one for the not-so-good stuff. Not-so-good of course could be a relative term with some cannibals in the crew ;)

Raw Resources: Basically group the raw resources into two groups, one that needs a roof and indoors, the other that doesn't. Right now that could be accomplished by moving 'wood' to the plant matter section and grouping the rest together in another section. Perhaps reconsider re-naming the plant matter to degradable and name the other section non-degradable.

5thHorseman

Agreed. I'd like 3 groups, in fact,
"Must be frozen"
"Must be indoors"
"Who cares where you store it"

Maybe have those as a toggle like tainted or rotten. "Allow things that should be frozen"
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: 5thHorseman on August 09, 2018, 09:12:33 PM
Agreed. I'd like 3 groups, in fact,
"Must be frozen"
"Must be indoors"

Maybe have those as a toggle like tainted or rotten. "Allow things that should be frozen"

Hmm, wouldn't mind seeing a more detailed layout of what you have in mind.

5thHorseman

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on August 10, 2018, 01:28:42 PM
Quote from: 5thHorseman on August 09, 2018, 09:12:33 PM
"Must be frozen"
"Must be indoors"

Hmm, wouldn't mind seeing a more detailed layout of what you have in mind.

Not sure what you mean? Items can be basically of 3 types: Those that never deteriorate, like chunks and bricks and buildings; Things that deteriorate if left outside, like wood and weapons and clothes; and Things that deteriorate if left outside and rot if not frozen, like meat and food and corpses. I want to be able to set a filter on a stockpile that says "Do not allow things that need to be frozen here." or "only things that need to be frozen go here"

I know I can go through the list and click all the things that need to be frozen. I don't want to have to. For every freezer stockpile. I could just click "allow all" and then set only the "must need to be frozen" checkbox so things that don't need frozen - even though they're checked - would not be stored there.

But if I checked "must need to be frozen" and unchecked medicine, the pawns would store all food and whatnot there but not medicine.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

BlackSmokeDMax

AileTheAlien