I hear allot of complaints about the new leather system.

Started by SYDWAD, August 09, 2018, 08:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should they bring back the old leather system but have "patchether" be a name for a peace of clothing made of multiple leathers if you don't have enough of one type to make it?

yes, bring back a modified old leather system.
yes, but just the exact old system.
no, keep it the way it is.
no, keep this system but improve and simplify it.

SYDWAD

I hear allot of people complaining about the new leather system and how its WAY more confusing than the old one. I think they should bring back the old leather system but have "patchether" be a name for a peace of clothing made of multiple leathers if you don't have enough of one type to make it. So if something requires 50 material and you have 50cow and 25pig it will be made of the 50 cow, but if you only have 25cow and 25pig it will use both and call it "patchleather".

Greep

How about we just have the old old OLD system: you got "leather" and that's it.
1.0 Mods: Raid size limiter:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42721.0

MineTortoise:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42792.0
HELLO!

(WIPish)Strategy Mode: The experienced player's "vanilla"
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43044.0

5thHorseman

Yeah I wouldn't mind if there was only one leather in the game. Other than liking fancy green duds when I kill a bunch of iguanas, I've never actually cared what leather was used for what.

I'd use patch leather for everything if it wasn't weaker than all other leathers.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

erdrik

I haven't heard of many if any complaints that wouldn't also have been in the old system.

I think the new system is fine, and I like that you can make patch leather.
The only complaint I have is more about wanting colonists to prioritize apparel condition over the benefits a particular apparel receives due to the material it is made of. Im sick of seeing a colonist with a negative mood thought because they refuse to switch out that 30% shirt even tho there are three 100% cloth shirts in stockpile.

>:( >:( Who cares if its bear skin, its got 50 friggin' holes in it, change your shirt ya dingbat!  >:(

5thHorseman

Quote from: erdrik on August 09, 2018, 09:52:04 PM
>:( >:( Who cares if its bear skin, its got 50 friggin' holes in it, change your shirt ya dingbat!  >:(

You can tell them to not wear anything under 50%.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

erdrik

Quote from: 5thHorseman on August 09, 2018, 09:58:58 PM
Quote from: erdrik on August 09, 2018, 09:52:04 PM

You can tell them to not wear anything under 50%.

I know. The problem with that is if you don't have any +50% shirts then they walk around topless.
Its just annoying that they still refuse to do it on their own and have that negative thought, when I did what I was suppose to and provided them with good condition shirts.

There is already code that has them change on their own, I just want that code to prioritize "good enough to avoid bad thoughts" over benefit.

Bolgfred

Quote from: SYDWAD on August 09, 2018, 08:20:56 PM
I hear allot of people complaining about the new leather system and how its WAY more confusing than the old one.
I heared none. :o

Quote from: SYDWAD on August 09, 2018, 08:20:56 PM
So if something requires 50 material and you have 50cow and 25pig it will be made of the 50 cow, but if you only have 25cow and 25pig it will use both and call it "patchleather".
Ifsomething requires 50 material and you have 25cow and 25 pig you can use the 'make patch leather' bill on the tailor bench and turn them into 50 patch leather.
It's probably more reasonable to use the current function instead of removing the whole section.

I am quite happy with the way it is by now. One one hand I have different leathers which are worse or better for different jobs, but on the other hand I have a good overview as I only have 3-5 leather types instead of the old 20.
For Now I wish those leathers to have more special abilities to make them more worth.
would be great if wolfskin give a melee buff and chicken movespeed or something.

To go back the way to just "leather" would be rather kind of boring, as it takes away much of the games fluff. I mean it's a muffalo duster and a wolfskin hat. chinchilla pants and a camel hair shirt ;-)
"The earth has only been lent to us,
but no one has said anything about returning."
-J.R. Van Devil

fieldarchy

Patchleather is already what has been suggested in this thread. If you have odds and ends of leather then you can make a round amount of leather from the odd pieces.

I don't mind the way the leather system works. If anything, I'd like to request an option for salvaging or repairing clothing.

Aerial

Quote from: fieldarchy on August 22, 2018, 06:03:32 AM
I don't mind the way the leather system works. If anything, I'd like to request an option for salvaging or repairing clothing.

The Vegetable Garden mod adds this, if you are okay with using mods.

spidermonk

It would be nice to be able to make patch-leather on a crafting spot. That would help with that sweet NB runs.