Food Poisoning is resetting progress on all my tasks

Started by Chicken Breast, August 10, 2018, 06:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicken Breast

Naked Brutality is hard enough, and I've been experimenting a lot with it in .19 and 1.0. While I have been enjoying the struggles and challenges, I've noticed something just now in my most recent playthrough:

My colonist, Euterpe, was foraging for berries and eating, and became sick with food poisoning. Oh well, she'll get past it.

But I notice that she starts to eat berries later when she's hungry (after vomiting, no less). Now, this brings me to a few points outside of my initial reason for this post, but ultimately the argument is that everyone should handle vomiting differently, as we do in real life. Some are squeamish, some aren't, etc. So she goes to eat the berry, and throws up while doing so. Progress on consumption resets.

I kind of understood this at first, but I was frustrated after the fourth time she failed to eat. It was a stack of 7 berries. Why are they not consumed 1 unit at a time rather than all at once over x amount of time? It becomes a risk.

I noticed it again later when she was chopping down a tree that the progress reset when she threw up halfway through. This one really confuses me. Her throwing up doesn't take away the damage done to the tree. It's the same as how a colonist can finish deconstruction or repairing a damaged wall. Why is chopping a tree different in this regard?

Just a small gripe, but I'm not sure if this is fully intentional or not.

Sig by Me!