My Rimworld Fiction

Started by Chicken Breast, August 10, 2018, 07:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicken Breast

So, I've loved Rimworld since it's conception and since my initial discovery of it. My friend and I had been playing a lot of Dwarf Fortress at the time as well, and so the switch into a similar style was seamless and inspiring. The graphics were exactly what we needed to compliment the mechanics, and we binged for hours on hours back when refrigeration wasn't even a thing yet. I even remember when my friend got the mod to add fridges before they were official lol

Anyway, I've been playing ever since, on and off, and love coming to new updates. They have been getting better and better, obviously, and they add so much more content. For instance, when writing my fiction on Rimworld originally, I used the official release lore and mechanics at the time, mostly. This meant that you still couldn't transplant stomachs, which ended up being a big plot point in my story. But even better, now that it is possible, I can go back and write in more to that story arch while keeping with the vanilla mechanics and limitations.

For those interested in reading what I have written so far, you can find my other thread here (which has the unedited version of the story)

and the edited/revised version on Tapas

Please, let me know how you like it in its current state, and if you want to hear more about this colony's struggles or a different one.

Sig by Me!