Could not resolve any root - Artwork problem

Started by Neros, December 09, 2016, 10:53:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neros

During my work translating to danish, I stumbled over this little error with artwork:
Could not resolve any root: art_description_root_debuglabel: TradedWith

Note: this is in the english, "vanilia" language pack. Not danish. But it looks like a piece of code is missing, however, coding isn't my strongest side. I tried looking for a similar piece of code in the files to see if I figure out where it was missing, but so fare, no luck.

So does anyone know where this little wonder is missing from?

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

duduluu

For translating RulePackDef, you CANNOT modify the text before "->" and in square brackets. You should retain they.
RimTrans translation tool for RimWorld
RimWorld-English original text for translating RimWorld
RimWorld-zh.com my translation team website

Neros

As I said, this part is missing from the main language pack itself (english). I haven't edited anything in that. So the main game has a error somewhere, and I want to fix it.

Kunegard

We've got some problems with translating it to Polish (it works right now, you could compare it with our translation) but I don't see that I have them in my vanilla English now.
How about another art descriptions? Are they alright?
Tell me I'm adored
Please tell me I'm adored

Neros

All other artworks are working just fine. It is only this one piece who seems to not be working.. And I don't think that its the description the artist added :P

I looked at your files and the code and the error was still there. I tried all the other languages as well and it seemed like the error was in every single one of them. So I don't think the part that is missing is in any of the files.

Since the error is also in the "vanila" game, I've attached the save file to this post. Maybe you guys could see if it is also appearing on your computers. The artwork is in the middle of the screen, called "Lullaby No. 3".

.... Realized I should just have uploaded it to start with :P

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

duduluu

Lost file? You might have a look of this language data tamplate:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=27085.0
It update to A16 now, but You could get A15 version at Release page

duduluu

BTW, the steam cloud will sync you Core folder.
If you had change the Core before, you have to copy the file from other player, or you could search the DRM-Free version to get the intact files of Core.

Neros

Not sure what the template can do to help finding what ever is missing in the core language (I am also not strong at coding :P)

Note: I am not using Steam. So I am using the clean files. So I am using a very clean v.15

duduluu

The description of art will be finalized at the moment when a sculpture finished, so this one will not change anymore.
Is there same problem for other sculptures?

Neros

Not all of them.. But I tried generate a ton of new sculptures (around 100, and thank you devmode), and at least 5 of them had the same error.

I am thinking this is probably an error that should be reported to Tynan, since it is a problem in the base game and not in the translated files.

dburn40

I recently got a bug of the same quality, I don't think any mods installed caused it, and don't think it's a translation error.

My Sarcophagus for a colonist was as follows in the art description:

Failed Cataclysm
Could not resolve any root: art_description_root
debugLabel:Buried Corpse

Not having any other issues and I don't think any of the mods I use would interfere with anything to do with art generation although I am not very "code aware"