[0.19.1987] Generating pawn error

Started by mastertea, August 12, 2018, 09:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastertea

So I have a mod that randomly rerolls pawn until a suitable pawn matches my filter. This mod worked in 1.0.xxxx until somewhere in version 0.19.xxxx.

The game code currently has a bug which triggers when a pawn is generated from the pawn configure page with a low enough health that it would normally be downed which triggers a notification event route in the game code leading to section of the code that that seems to require a generated map however no map would be available, resulting in an error. This error in theory could happen in the game without any mods however my mod accelerates the chances of this bug occurring.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Canute

mastertea,
since this forum is for vanila bugs, like you would know if you read the sticky.
You should post it at the mod topic so the mod author could adjust it to the current unstable release.

mastertea

I believe its a actual game code bug where it has a missing null check.

Canute

So you think the game should changed to work with the mod again ? :-)
These version isn't even released, basicly you shouldn't play with mods.

That some mods allready get updated is a special service from these mod-authors.
But the game get still many patches until final release, and will break many mods again.
So please just report vanila bugs here, mod problems at the mod topics.

mastertea

I'm saying that the game will produce this error even without any mods just at a slower rate.

ison

Yes, it was a vanilla bug, this should be already fixed in the next release, thanks.