Medical Bills Coded With How Much They'll Help

Started by 5thHorseman, August 12, 2018, 05:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5thHorseman

Medical Bills should have some sort of coding on them (Color and/or some +/- number) to show if they'll help or not.

I realize that installing an archotech eye will basically always be a plus, but I'd like to not have to either refer to a wiki or calculator to determine if I should install a prosthetic. I still don't know how many fingers you need to lose for a prosthetic to be better, or how many scars your legs need. I *think* a pegleg is only better than no leg at all but I'm not 100% sure, it just seems that way from common sense. But gameplay and common sense don't always jive (see: Wearing a dead man's shirt is worse than wearing a shirt made of human flesh).

So, I'd like the bills screen to look something like this (for someone with no left leg and a scarred right leg, assuming 100 is normal, prosthetics are 75, bionics 125 and archotech 150. I don't know the actual numbers)

Install Peg Leg Left (+5)
Install Peg Leg Right (-95)
Install Prosthetic Leg Left (+75)
Install Prosthetic Leg Right (-25)
Install Bionic Leg Left (+125)
Install Bionic Leg Right (+25)
Install Archotech Leg Left (+150)
Install Archotech Leg Right (+50)

...or something.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

AileTheAlien

This would only work on artificial body parts that only affect the base stats. What if I have a bionic kidney which reduces blood filtration, but increases sleep efficiency?

5thHorseman

Quote from: AileTheAlien on August 12, 2018, 10:40:37 PM
This would only work on artificial body parts that only affect the base stats. What if I have a bionic kidnet which reduces blood filtration, but increases sleep efficiency?
IDK. Tooltips? :D

I didn't know there were tradeoffs for replacing kidneys. I though it was a simple "bad? Replace it" sort of deal.
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.

AileTheAlien

I should have explained more; Many of the base game's bionic parts are straight replacements with X percentage of that body-part's efficiency. Modded implants / bionic limbs can do pretty much whatever they want. For example, you could have an eye which gives 0% efficiency (no sight in that eye), but increases weapon accuracy (holds an AI sub-persona core), for example (assuming that stat can be modded easily; I just made it up). This could still work for modded implants, if it just listed everything that would change, plus or minus.

5thHorseman

Ah. Well I have no opinion on modded parts.

Maybe if more than one stat would change have an info button and in there, it shows all the stats that would change and how they would change, with the similar color coding.

AileTheAlien

Even without mods, you've got a couple artificial parts, which would need to list more than just a single body-part stat:
- joywire (less brain %, but + joy)
- power-claw (same hand %, but better melee)
- painstopper (same brain %, 100% pain reduction)