Raiders keep attacking walls forever after their group flees

Started by erdrik, August 12, 2018, 07:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erdrik

Raiders do not cancel attacking walls when they decide to flee.

Normally this isn't that big a deal, but if the wall is particularly durable(or has been cheesed by having a repairer counter the raider's damage for 1 and half days straight) they get blinders on to anything else.
They even ignore their own needs for food. This feels so "wrong" that it I feel it has to be an unintentional bug. especially since it can be exploitable to down raiders(through exhaustion and malnutrition) with little to no threat or consequence.

5thHorseman

Tell me if you repair the wall long enough they collapse and you can then capture them. That would be awesome.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

erdrik

Quote from: 5thHorseman on August 12, 2018, 11:30:34 PM
Tell me if you repair the wall long enough they collapse and you can then capture them. That would be awesome.
Thats what Im assuming would happen.
In this instance I stopped short of doing that, but the raider was already at malnutrition (trivial) and below the last tick on his Rest bar.

I was able to cycle out colonists in shifts, so its not even like I ran the risk of exhausting or starving my own colonists either.

Kirby23590

Quote from: 5thHorseman on August 12, 2018, 11:30:34 PM
That might be something that many players might exploit.

While cool and nice. However i don't see this long before this gets patched out in the newest update since this will be easy capture colonists & free organs of course.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

erdrik

Just updating to post an image showing a raider that has been banging on a wall long enough to be both completely exhausted and hit malnutrition (minor).

The raider has not dropped from exhaustion.

EDIT:
5 seconds after posting this the raider stopped and went to sleep right at the wall.
Did not fall unconscious like any other pawn with rest that low. So I guess it is possible for raiders to cancel the attack. Maybe the triggers for canceling the attack should be tweeked a bit?

[attachment deleted due to age]

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Kenneth