0.19.1987 Raiders do not cancel attacking walls when they decide to flee.
Ludeon Forums

Ludeon Forums

• August 14, 2018, 05:00:45 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 0.19.1987 Raiders do not cancel attacking walls when they decide to flee.  (Read 48 times)

erdrik

• Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile

Raiders do not cancel attacking walls when they decide to flee.

Normally this isn't that big a deal, but if the wall is particularly durable(or has been cheesed by having a repairer counter the raider's damage for 1 and half days straight) they get blinders on to anything else.
They even ignore their own needs for food. This feels so "wrong" that it I feel it has to be an unintentional bug. especially since it can be exploitable to down raiders(through exhaustion and malnutrition) with little to no threat or consequence.

5thHorseman

• Colonist
  • 200+ hours so mostly still a newbie
    • View Profile
    • HMV Plays on YouTube!

Tell me if you repair the wall long enough they collapse and you can then capture them. That would be awesome.
MOD: Toolboxifier - Do for (most) all items what the game already does for beds and tool boxes.
VID: Rimworld Stories - My potentially-multi-storied story of my Rimworld play.

erdrik

• Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile

Tell me if you repair the wall long enough they collapse and you can then capture them. That would be awesome.
Thats what Im assuming would happen.
In this instance I stopped short of doing that, but the raider was already at malnutrition (trivial) and below the last tick on his Rest bar.

I was able to cycle out colonists in shifts, so its not even like I ran the risk of exhausting or starving my own colonists either.

Kirby23590

• Colonist
  • Manhunter Pack: Yorkshire Terriers
    • View Profile

That might be something that many players might exploit.

While cool and nice. However i don't see this long before this gets patched out in the newest update since this will be easy capture colonists & free organs of course.
Playable settlers mod! also includes a scenario too!
Someday i will never forget about that day when manhunting rhinos appeared then some refugee was being chased by angry tribals... Good times...