Skill Decay Mod?

Started by Dyesi, August 18, 2018, 11:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dyesi

Is there any mod to disable skill decay while improving the skill? It seems odd that skills decay as you learn them.

Ser Kitteh

Mad Skillz.

That being said, skill decay is not as big an issue as people make it out to be. You will ever rarely notice it.

RawCode

game balanced with skill decay in mind, without decay you will hit level 20 ever with characters who have no passion and this is not really fun.

Dyesi

Thank you for the mod, but I really only want to disable skill decay while pawns learn the skill, because at level 20 it can act as a pretty large reduction in learning speed. Maybe reduce it for single passion pawns and remove it for double passion, but leave it intact for no passion so you can still have a barrier to having zero passion pawns at level 20? It can just get kind of annoying having my level 20 researcher drop down to 19 while sleeping, and taking a good portion of a day to get back to 20 because of the skill decaying as its learned.

Koek

Quote from: Dyesi on August 18, 2018, 11:45:40 PM
Is there any mod to disable skill decay while improving the skill? It seems odd that skills decay as you learn them.

Have you ever practiced doing something for a year and stopped practicing for 5+ years and tried to go on where you left of?
Skill decay is a real thing matey :)

qurffe

Quote from: Koek on August 19, 2018, 01:19:29 PM

Have you ever practiced doing something for a year and stopped practicing for 5+ years and tried to go on where you left of?

Seems like you misread what is he saying he doesnt have problem with skill decay per say, but has problem with skills decaying as the pawns are doing the activity to "learn" it. e.g. you lose "EXP" when you are researching. Does it really make sense to lose skills at the same time as you are learning said skills?

Koek

Quote from: qurffe on August 19, 2018, 01:43:05 PM
Quote from: Koek on August 19, 2018, 01:19:29 PM

Seems like you misread what is he saying he doesnt have problem with skill decay per say, but has problem with skills decaying as the pawns are doing the activity to "learn" it. e.g. you lose "EXP" when you are researching. Does it really make sense to lose skills at the same time as you are learning said skills?

You are right.
I'd love to see a cooldown on when it kicks in. Perhaps some balancing is in order.

That being said, I have little issue with how it's implemented atm.

Dyesi

Yeah, I'm fine with the current level of skill decay, I just think that it would be nice to not happen while improving the skill.

Jaxxa

Stopping Skill Decay is one of the options in my EnhancedOptions mod.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42527.0