A few segestions

Started by FueledByOCHD, August 19, 2018, 02:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FueledByOCHD

So after taking time to look around the Rimworld game the more that it seams that the xml file reading system is quite redundant and adds more code to the game then really should be required. I am a c# coder although I thought myself how to code. Although I am not a professional coder, instead I am a stay at home father :). but I have quite a lot of problems with the Modding system. and some choices that would make development a lot simpler.

Below are a few suggestions that I believe would make Rimworld Better all around.
- Consider using Newtonsoft.Json. Newtonsoft.Json is quite easy to use. and is a very good time saver

- My second Suggestion would be, since you have modding in mind you may consider wanting to use static properties in place of constant fields. With the use of Harmony I can then override the property with harmony, which currently is adding more work for me because instead of overriding the Property I currently will have to override every method that uses those constants in order to achieve the same effect. In my case I am trying to change the Time/Date features to use a 30 day 12 month cycle. Which if i could override the constants in gendate i would be set to golden.

FueledByOCHD