Slave won't stop going for kibbles

Started by Grillbye, August 14, 2018, 08:50:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grillbye

I have mods (a lot) but I don't think that's the issue here. Indeed the mods that are involved are Simple Slavery and PawnMenu but it's not about errors - in fact they work perfectly. No, the problem is, my slave won't stop going for kibbles whenever he's hungry, even though I set his menu as Nutrient paste meals. I'll assume it's because it's too far away from the nutrient paste dispenser or because the kibbles are in his authorized area ? If it's the case that's just very annoying to delete the zone around the kibbles JUST for the time he wants to reach them so he immediatly switches to search for nutrient paste, and I'd be very annoyed to completely forbid him this area because this slave serves me to clean the whole place (so the barn aswell) because my pawns are too busy to do so....
Prisoners? Don't wanna keep them? Eat them! ALL of them.

Canute

And i think it is a modproblem.
Try to remove Pawnmenu and check if your slave goes after kibble.

Since slave's arn't a vanila thing, the author of Pawnmenu didn't recognize them maybe. Or you need to apply the food policy again to that slave.
A similar thing got discuss at the mod topic from pawnmenu i think.

Grillbye

Won't removing Pawnmenu break my save ? And if I just deactive/reactivate it or uninstall and reinstall it, will it fix that ?
Prisoners? Don't wanna keep them? Eat them! ALL of them.

Canute

Pawnmenu don't add any object to the colony, so it shouldn't break the safegame.
Just deactivate it, to check if that fix the problem with the slave.
If pawnmenu was the problem, report it at the modtopic, so the mod author can find a solution for slaves.

After you can activate pawnmenu again, don't forget to put it at the same position (maybe use Modswitch to restore the modlist from a safegame).
I think it is more useful then a hungry slave.