no wedding no trader

Started by kidney killer, August 14, 2018, 02:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kidney killer

i am in september year 3 (5503), i had no weddings no relationships whatsoever and no space ship trader even though i build the communicator and beacons at least a year ago. I also have long range resource scanner that as of yet has to discover anything, i will wait a bit but i feel that it should have given me a resource site already.

My mods and orderare :
Core
Glitter Tech
EPOE2.1
Misc Core
Misc Robots
Tilled soil
Colored Mood Bar.

As far as i can tell everything but misc core and misc robots works just fine. I dont know if those two work as i am unable to buy a robot since no space ships came. I dont have misc robots ++ (i dont want to build too advanced robots, just cleaners and haulers). For robots i can manage an area, i have a misc research tab that is empty.

Am i extremely unlucky that my peons don't form romantic relationships and that no ship came? or is there a problem with the mods?  ???

The long range resource scanner might be from glitter tech...

kidney killer

omg i just got my first lovers :)

Bobisme

The deep range scanner can take a year to find a resource, my first game, little over 30 days the next one a little over a year

orty

In the development build, resource scanning is much less passive.  It's now a worked building like a research bench.  I haven't seen this recorded anywhere (haven't really looked much), but it seems like the frequency of resource finds is tied to the intellectual skill of the pawn using it.  I have a level-18 intellectual researcher who's found three sites in about 20 game days.

Bobisme

5thHorseman

I just finished an 8 year playthrough that peaked out at 16 colonists. I had a grand total of 2 weddings, the only four people to ever become lovers. One of them then divorced. It's not a bug, it's just not as common as you expect.

Trade ships are more common, I'd be surprised too if I didn't get one in a year, though I've noticed sometimes that it'd been a while since I got one, I always assumed it was just 10 days instead of 5.

Trade caravans are kinda dependent on how the other factions like you. If everybody hates you you're not going to get many caravans. If anybody likes you you'll sometimes get one from them. You can also call them up and spend 15 rep to get a caravan. Then give them 5000 ears of corn from your freezer and get all that rep back and more.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.