[Mod Request] Stone age to space age

Started by DarthDjoba, August 14, 2018, 03:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarthDjoba

Tl;dr a mod that adds tech from all eras from stone age, medieval age, industrial age to space age and let's you start as a nomad hunter with NO TECH at all.

Sorry for my english, it's my second language.

My idea is an empire earth like mod. You start with NO tech researched on your research tree, and add a technology for every thing in the game, crafting simple weapons on crafting spot, making torches or growing food. You start only by being a nomad hunter.
Medieval mod would work great with this, so you won't pass from tribal to eletric energy era like the vanilla game. A powder and steam era could also add to the mod, so you won't pass from castles and swords to tube television.

Eras sugestion: neolitic era (basic stuff and tech that tribal begins with), bronze age (all the tech before energy from the vanilla game), medieval age (medieval mod), industrial age (renaissance/industrial revolution era, with steam tech, muskets, revolvers and industrial basic tech without energy), modern era (finally energy tech and all the stuff from the vanilla game that is not futuristic) and space age (all the futuristic tech and the ship).

NolValue

I'd love to actually give this my own go. I'll see what I can do and keep you posted. I'll start work asap.

5thHorseman

That sounds like a crazy large amount of work. I wish you (both of you) luck on this.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

NolValue

Thanks man!

I'll give it my best shot.

This seems fairly easy to create, just a lot of work haha.

BlackSmokeDMax

There have been some in the past with this goal. Sadly the constant changing has chased some away. I can think of two off the top of my head:

Rimworld Ascension

and

Project Eon

Still been hoping they would/will come back to their projects once Rimworld fully releases.

One other modpack I've always like that had some decent progression, not quite the scope of the other two, but it had a very cool research system involving manufacturing chain for making and writing books was this one:

Arbitration: Realistic Research - believe this may have been the first to have vehicles included as well back in like A12 or A13.

Another very promising modpack with total conversion to Fantasy in mind:

Epic Omega - more recent than the others I mentioned.

If you are going to start a project like this, I'd recommend looking through these somewhat, you can probably even find some youtube let's plays of some of them. I'm sure you can find some of Arbitration: Realistic Research.

Seeing some others ideas could really get your juices flowing as well. And if you steal/borrow/adapt some of the ideas just make sure to throw the original peeps some credit via a link.

DarthDjoba

Wow, i didn't even expect an answer. This community is awesome!
I would really like to help in the project, but i don't know anything about game making and mod making. The work of you guys sound like alchemy for me hahaha.

But if it helps, i would love to make the creativity part of the project. I can use my hundreds of game hours experience to think about how this mod has to be to be fun and to work within the game.

Kirmz

Worked on this last night. I'm thinking a civilization type mod. Check out my excel tech tree. Y'all can use it in ur mods if you want.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Kirmz

Made some revisions, moved things around to make the tech tree progress like earth history. Defined some of the mechanics my tech tree will need, might need some coded in by devs not sure I havn't looked under the hood of the game yet.

Ill start on V2 soon. It will be a much cleaner looking ver with dependencies and a standardized format.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Gemeciusz

I hope you guys succeed in this, I mainly use a few different mods to simulate this experience, but sadly I'm as far from codeing as i can be, so they are sometimes conflict with each other and more times give me "out of era" options to do things...
Good luck with the project.

Hydromancerx

You can do this already by loading different mods as you go. For instance in the beginning of the game i make sure i have all the UI, Character, Fauna & Flora, Geology & Minerals and Tribal Mods all loaded up when making my world and then putting all the game set up not to have all the more advanced techs.

Then as you tech up you put in the Faction Discovery mod along with say the Ancient Roman mod. Which then opens up more factions of the appropriate era and your techs. Continue the process for Medieval Mods, then Renaissance Mods and so on. Slowly add them in as you tech up and possibly an era ahead of you to give you a challenge.