How close we are to the release of the 0.19 / 1.0 version?

Started by soulkata, August 17, 2018, 06:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soulkata

How close we are to the release of the 0.19 / 1.0 version?

Days, weeks, months?
:)

ArguedPiano

The only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

5thHorseman

Quote from: soulkata on August 17, 2018, 06:37:49 PMDays
I doubt it.
Quote from: soulkata on August 17, 2018, 06:37:49 PMweeks
This seems the most reasonable answer.
Quote from: soulkata on August 17, 2018, 06:37:49 PMmonths
Who knows, but hopefully not.

Without a time machine nobody can really answer this. Not even Tynan.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Canute

If you await the game for Xmas 2020 you won't be disappointed when it comes early out ! :-)

Kirby23590

I guess full version of 0.19 will either jump out at either Halloween or at Christmas. But who knows?

I'm just predicting & guessing. :P

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Morbleue

I hope 8-10+ weeks or a B19 in 2-3 weeks with half the current features. There is a LOT of things that are wrong on this version. Is probably the worst update I have seen since the few years I play. Most of the welcome changes from my perspective (like UI) were already modded successfully.

Was easy to update my mods this time. But playing is a lot LESS fun. I was not a big fan of the Tornado last update - everything else I liked immediately or got to accept. This update brought a LOT of unwelcome changes that other documented and for the first time a lot of big bad bugs in vanilla!! While not fixing the real issues (outside world missions are still total meh in the second half of the difficulty ladder, the space travel became way too grindy, then when it launches it still is very much anti-climax, also the "stories" that Tynan likes so much have become more of a min-max mood chore than something with depth). :-\

Kirby23590

Quote from: Morbleue on August 18, 2018, 08:31:37 AM
I hope 8-10+ weeks or a B19 in 2-3 weeks with half the current features. There is a LOT of things that are wrong on this version. Is probably the worst update I have seen since the few years I play. Most of the welcome changes from my perspective (like UI) were already modded successfully.

Was easy to update my mods this time. But playing is a lot LESS fun. I was not a big fan of the Tornado last update - everything else I liked immediately or got to accept. This update brought a LOT of unwelcome changes that other documented and for the first time a lot of big bad bugs in vanilla!! While not fixing the real issues (outside world missions are still total meh in the second half of the difficulty ladder, the space travel became way too grindy, then when it launches it still is very much anti-climax, also the "stories" that Tynan likes so much have become more of a min-max mood chore than something with depth). :-\

Could you tell me more of the problems with the new stuff?

What are the things and features that give you the most problems? I don't play B19 that much since i'm just modding or playing other games...

IMHO opinion the turrets re-balance is welcome and the autocannon is good but can cause friendly fires if you're not careful but i feel that the uranium slug turret feels is going to be very underused because of the rarity & the price of uranium unlike plasteel which is uncommon but is sold by traders....

Morbleue

Is a bit outside of the original message of the OP. I post only once. Will not discuss this further. Also generally is covered in the "Unstable build feedback thread" on the forum. Issues started to get posted around page 60. By 100 most of the pages are about bugs and issues.  Check from about here https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=41766.1000 - you can change the last 4 digits to any value for faster navigation. Some of it has been fixed. But the majority has not  :-X

The ones I found the most annoying and experienced too are bugs in merchants caravans (inbound and your own colony as well), numerous hauling and stocking inventory bugs,  ...

On "re-balancing" that actually broke the balance/fun: raids and ally help call changes, the additional grindfest for late game resources (spaceship), more and more mood debuffs/combat punishment/artificial block that actually push you to min-max or completely dispose of bad traits pawns more than before (bye bye roleplay with a wimp, your starting animals leave you because your cannot tame them, having a constructor in the starting team is a must as recruitment is harder,  etc, etc, etc...), lots of tactics that were not really worth it before are now totally worthless imho (ex hunting for food, opening ancient structures, doing quests),... On a very personal one, the changes in rot for inventory makes the game feel more like ANNO just in time resource management to stocking "alla dwarf" as Rimworld was before this one.

I am confident Tynan understands things are not going so well and will take his time fixing it or have a B19 with the features that work (additional techs, killbox updates, cosmetics, translation).

Kirby23590

Quote from: Morbleue on August 19, 2018, 01:06:42 AM
Lots of tactics that were not really worth it before are now totally worthless imho (ex hunting for food, opening ancient structures. doing quests.)

I feel like i have to disagree in that quote.

Hunting for food. You will die without it especially when you get a blight you better use two or mroe hunters in a group via drafting if an animal becomes a manhunter or a threatening animal such as a rhino or a elephant or group of muffalos. Sure you can have potato farms but in other biomes you would like deserts or arid shrublands you would have to make use of the terrain or use hydroponics for healroots. It also gives leather which is better than cloth until you get devilstrand and trains the shooting skill which can help in combat in many situations.

With ancient structures there is a risk versus a reward and that is either recruits, gold, ancient artifacts and free plasteel. I even had encountered a high quality assault rifle in those ruins during test runs in god mode. So either you need to change your play style or you can revert to B18 or the older versions of rimworld. Sorry. :-\

But i agree with quests being not worth it unless it's completely close to my colony if it's a few meters ahead and in a road.

Tynan

When will it be out? Nobody knows!

Morbleue I wish you'd post in the 1.0 thread with some specifics about specific issues that bother you. From what you wrote here I'm having trouble matching your words to things in the game in a way that can be addressed by a design change. Basically I don't understand what you're referring to.

Bugs in caravans, merchants, hauling? Not sure what you mean, except for one stockpile consolidation loop AI bug which is easy to get around (draft/undraft) until we fix it. Is there another major bug?

"raids and ally help call changes"? Ally help was totally useless in B18. Now it's like 4x more powerful than B18, not sure what you mean, it should be way better than previously. Some players reported it as OP.

"additional grindfest for late game resources (spaceship)"? It's cheaper than before AFAIK; I was just soliciting feedback about this specifically in the unstable build thread and people seem to think it's okay... but I want more feedback. I was planning on making it a bit lighter in advanced components.

"more and more mood debuffs/combat punishment/artificial block" I can't think of any atm... What specifically?

"bye bye roleplay with a wimp, your starting animals leave you because your cannot tame them, having a constructor in the starting team is a must as recruitment is harder,  etc, etc, etc..." What roleplay with wimp? If we changed it, we made it less harsh. You won't spawn with animals you can't tame, that was a bug, fixed. Constructor for recruitment? You mean a social expert? You don't need one since there's lots of ways to get recruits without recruiting prisoners (including purchase). If you mean a constructor, nothing changed since B18 with constructions. Recruitment shouldn't be harder, just more predictable - recruitment chances are way higher than B18 but there's a resistance to break down first.

" lots of tactics that were not really worth it before are now totally worthless imho (ex hunting for food, opening ancient structures, doing quests)" I don't understand why. People hunt for food all the time, with a decent hunter it's still way OP - there's even hunter stealth skill that can reduce or near-eliminate animal revenge chance. People are still opening ancient dangers and are often reporting that the loot is OP (e.g. legendary power armor on day 20 totally trivialized early-midgame threats). Questing should be way better than B18 since the rewards are better, there's more information on threats, caravans are several times faster, and the entire caravan interface/AI is redone and vastly more efficient...

"the changes in rot for inventory" What changes do you mean? I have a vague memory that we fixed a bug that made inventory never rot, but that's obviously just a bugfix... was that it?

Basically it worries me when someone says everything's horrible and I can't understand the reasons at all; I find myself wondering if I'm badly out of touch or there's bugs I'm not aware of or something. Or did you play older builds from a month ago perhaps?

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Koek

Quote from: Tynan on August 19, 2018, 12:39:24 PM

Basically it worries me when someone says everything's horrible and I can't understand the reasons at all; I find myself wondering if I'm badly out of touch or there's bugs I'm not aware of or something. Or did you play older builds from a month ago perhaps?

To be honest, I'm surprised to see you reply to this particular post, seeing there is so much positive, perhaps somewhat frustrated sometimes,  feedback to be found on these forums. Changes will always get some people riled up, even if the change is for the better like nerfing some OP and overly abused tactic.

Also, isn't this post the reason you put up the feedback rules in the 1.0/0.19 thread, to be able to verify if said player posts with recent experience in mind?
Sometimes players get frustrated and just need to vent of everything perceived horrible and disastrous while ignoring all that is going alright.

And while I'm replying to you directly, have you thought about implementing a sort of scouting feature, so we can see some raids coming and be able to call in a horde of tribals to our aid :)

Cheers :)

Tynan

Yeah I know most people are having a great time, but it's worth paying attention when someone seems unhappy. At least to the point of being able to understand the complaint. I don't agree with every piece of feedback but I like to at least understand them.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Koek

Quote from: Tynan on August 19, 2018, 01:50:49 PM
I don't agree with every piece of feedback but I like to at least understand them.

As long as you don't get too caught up in it to the point of allowing doubt creep in it should be fine I guess.
A game with a popularity of this magnitude can get overwhelming negative feedback sometimes. Just remember that the unsatisfied minority usually is the loudest group of all.

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Tynan on August 19, 2018, 01:50:49 PM
Yeah I know most people are having a great time, but it's worth paying attention when someone seems unhappy. At least to the point of being able to understand the complaint. I don't agree with every piece of feedback but I like to at least understand them.

Please take into account the fact that most of all modder community can't work on mods. Changes negatively affect on the work of mods, that simply dont work after the next update. And who has already updated regret about it. Like, recompiling and add changes to mods every week...