[B19] Coffee & Tea

Started by Syrchalis, August 19, 2018, 07:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syrchalis

Adds coffee and tea. They are plantable drugs, similar to smokeleaf and psychoid, however they are not addictive. They don't require research. Brewing tea or coffee can be done at a stove or campfire. They provide very different benefits and are mutually exclusive.

Coffee:
- Restores rest
- Increases hunger rate
- Decreases tiredness rate
- Increased consciousness and work speed
- Small mood buff
- Increased effect after two cups

Tea:
- Restores a little food and rest
- Decreases hunger rate
- Increased learning speed
- Large mood buff

The effects they grant are mutually exclusive. Drinking coffee will remove the tea effect and drinking tea will remove the coffee effect. Both bewerages grant joy in form of luxury, a new type of joy.

This mod comes with a small C# assembly that allows removal of hediffs by ingestion (interesting if you are a modder and want to use that class) and a patch to the way pawns act. They will avoid drinking tea if they have the coffee effect and vice versa.

Github
Steam
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

Umbreon117

Ahem.
Cowfee!~ Gween Tea!~

With that out of the way: Nice mod, buuut...did you use the sprites/graphics/whatever it's called from...Vegetable Garden I think the mod was called? Because they look VERY familiar.
I'll shoot your colonists...After a long nap.

Syrchalis

Yes, the cups are from VG. I got dismar's approval for them - plus I modified them so they represent stack count and handed him those versions for his 1.0 release for VG a month ago, now I'm just using them for my own mod as well. The other graphics are all originally made by me.

Look at the VG thread and the last 10 or so replies for reference.

Original VG graphics:

Modified version I gave to dismar and use myself too:

(imagine the tea ones because im too lazy to upload and link all assets)

Original assets:

(and the immature versions of the plants)
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

Umbreon117

Aahh, got it. Just wanted to make sure. Glad that this is another thing I don't need to download that mod for, just to have a couple things from it as well.
I'll shoot your colonists...After a long nap.

TheWhiteCrayon

Looks awesome Syrchalis - can't wait to try it!

temple_wing

would you please provide B18 version. I like combat extended, it's not updated to 1.0. So i'm still playing b18.

MissQuinn122

Agreed, if possible it'd be really nice.

Syrchalis

I was not going to make a B18 version when B19 was still unstable and I'm even less incentivized now that it's the official version. You will have to choose until CE updates.