Ascetics "uncomfortable" debuff.

Started by Skryabin, August 20, 2018, 07:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skryabin

Many others things too like ugly environment, ate without table, slept outside, slept on the ground (maybe even slept in cold) and especially uncomfortable - all those do not make sense for ascetic trait.

Also buffs for having an impressive dinning room, being comfortable and such should not apply to them.

Don't you think so?

AileTheAlien

That makes sense for flavour-text / lore, but I imagine it'd be fairly imbalanced, having such a large portion of the game nullified for pawns with that trait. Sure, you don't get the bonuses, but that just means you don't need to put in effort building your dining room, comfy chairs, etc.

Wanderer_joins

I'd be ok with removing the comfort modifiers, removing the environment would be maybe too much.

Perhaps simply change their expectations, like in a rich colony at sky high expectations an ascetic would have a negative modifier instead of 0 and at lower expectations an increased mood buff.

Some traits like cannibal or psychopath are already imbalanced, but it doesn't matter much as long as you don't build a colony of psychos or cannibals, and with the new recruitement system and pop adaptation, it's rather hard to be picky on traits.

AileTheAlien

What is pop adaptation, and what is the new recruitment system? (I'm playing on 0.19, and recruitment seems pretty much the same, except for a resistance threshold.)

EvadableMoxie

Without the impressive rec room/dining room and beautiful environment mood buffs, it would be pretty much impossible to keep that pawn happy in high wealth colonies.