repair faction hate

Started by arcanise, June 27, 2014, 07:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arcanise

so all the factions hate me and im on the easiest difficulty so they dont show up to attack atleast for 50+ days, is there anyway to make a faction peaceful to me again? or atleast talk to me? my best warden has a skill of 12

Quasarrgames

Nope. No way to repair faction hate. I guess it's a little like real life- once you cross a certain line of disrespect, you cant go back.

that being said, it's a lot easier to be hated than liked in this game. We need a way to repair faction hate, like killing the faction's enemies for example. Also, there should be more ways to earn respect than just bribing people.

Please don't hate me for saying this, but what this game really needs is a faction relations matrix similar to that of spore. it was barebones and kind of flawed (What do you MEAN i didnt pay you tribute???), but it worked well.
On the right path, but the wrong medication.

I like how there's a thing that displays how long you've logged in to the forums. It shows just how many hours you've spent here, never to get back...

arcanise

any way to save file edit? i know i can edit save files but any idea where in it i need to change?

Fernbhoy

yeah maybe something like instead of capturing injured parties, taking them home, healing them, then using the communicator to contact their people to return them home, heck it could work out that said survivor decides to come back and join you.

obviously you'd need a limit, such as pirates shouldn't be able to make peace.

Drajean

Quote from: arcanise on June 27, 2014, 09:11:12 PM
any way to save file edit? i know i can edit save files but any idea where in it i need to change?
Near the very top of the save file, under faction manager, I think if you remove the <hostile>True</hostile> under both your reputation:
<factionManager>
<allFactions>
<li Class="Faction">
<def>Colony</def>
<name>Colony</name>
<relations>
<li Class="Faction+FactionRelation">
<other>Spacer</other>
</li>
<other>Hugs's Valley</other>
<goodwill>0.4172182</goodwill>
</li>
<other>The Snake Men</other>
<goodwill>-98.53567</goodwill>
<hostile>True</hostile>
</li>
<other>Banzo Miñoca Cambiar</other>
<goodwill>-20.50354</goodwill>
</li>
<other>a mechanoid hive</other>
<goodwill>-100</goodwill>
<hostile>True</hostile>
</li>
<other>Colony Pet</other>
<goodwill>100</goodwill>
</li>
<other>Comedian's Village</other>
<goodwill>-13.3633</goodwill>
</li>
<other>The Red Hatchets</other>
<goodwill>-95.65548</goodwill>
<hostile>True</hostile>
</li>
</relations>
</li>

And the other factions (Different for each game) that you want to no longer be hostile that'll be it. If you need an example I'll write one up but I think its straight forward. The only other thing you may need to do is set the <goodwill>0.4172182</goodwill> line to a positive value.

arcanise

tried that and it didnt work, set them to a positive number and removed the hostile line no change

Drajean

Did you also change the the goodwill hostile line in the other faction?

Example here is the same save's tribal faction data

<li Class="Faction">
<def>Tribal</def>
<name>Banzo Mi�oca Cambiar</name>
<relations>
<other>Colony</other>
<goodwill>-20.50354</goodwill>
</li>
<other>Spacer</other>
<goodwill>-35.17922</goodwill>
</li>
<other>Hugs's Valley</other>
<goodwill>-66.92773</goodwill>
<hostile>True</hostile>
</li>
<other>The Snake Men</other>
<goodwill>-96.96832</goodwill>
<hostile>True</hostile>
</li>
<other>a mechanoid hive</other>
<goodwill>-100</goodwill>
<hostile>True</hostile>
</li>
<other>Colony Pet</other>
<goodwill>-34.64788</goodwill>
</li>
<other>Comedian's Village</other>
<goodwill>-21.19375</goodwill>
</li>
<other>The Red Hatchets</other>
<goodwill>-97.59304</goodwill>
<hostile>True</hostile>
</li>
</relations>
</li>

You would need to change their goodwill and delete the hostile line in the factions you want friendly.

arcanise

good catch i got it now =]

Piata

Pretty sure you can call other factions with the comm station and bribe them with silver. No idea what this does but I would assume it improves your relations.

Drajean

Only works if they are not hostile as far as I know, Which is why I figured out how to edit the file myself, was sad when the local tribe of my last game decided it hated me because I didn't let one of their people die. (Capturing is instant hostile, even if you didn't incapacitate)

Tynan

You should be able to give silver to hostile factions (if they're not SUPER hostile). If you give them enough, it should end the hostility. If this isn't the case it's a bug.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

murlocdummy

Quote from: Tynan on June 28, 2014, 10:10:27 PM
You should be able to give silver to hostile factions (if they're not SUPER hostile). If you give them enough, it should end the hostility. If this isn't the case it's a bug.

I don't think there's a single person here that doesn't understand that.  The point is trying to get a -100 relationship up to 0, or at least something that's not -100.  It's easy to get every faction on the map to -100, but it becomes impossible to change it after it becomes -100.

Tynan

Relations should shift over time into a certain range. I think for tribes it is like -70 to 70. However this was never carefully tuned so I may have mistuned it or broken it :(
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

ShivaFang

Quote from: Tynan on June 29, 2014, 09:34:09 AM
Relations should shift over time into a certain range. I think for tribes it is like -70 to 70. However this was never carefully tuned so I may have mistuned it or broken it :(

Currently broken - unless some factions are right up hostile (Like the Thieves).  I have 3 factions that are -97 to -99 and those numbers haven't changed all game.  I didn't interact with them to make it worse or anything that I know of (unless they hate you more when they lose after attacking you)  I bribed the nearby tribe who was at -40 something to be neutral, though (which actually creates problems because now when the tribe and the nearby settlement both visit they start fighting each other 0-0)

BetaSpectre

Anything below -80 never changes. When I play at least. I think its because this is the amount that your rep will be set at if you kidnap a friendly member of a faction. there should be punishments for your actions right? However if you ask me since slaves cost about 500 silver then if you pay 1000-2000 silver you should be able to get more rep again and make amends. Even with super hostile groups pirates don't want to die they just want your money so a tribute system to prevent raids would be good

If you ask me pirate rep should always continously go down with time but if you keep paying them it postpones hostility. They only attack or seige if you don't cough up the dough.

IRL countries get over things like war, kidnapping, and such its all about the money :3.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO