Wrong name/pronoun used in social text

Started by b606, August 21, 2018, 12:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b606

There is a bug in DefInjected/InteractionDef/Interactions_Romance.xml on handling the [OTHER_nameDef] variable. This results in inconsistent names in the logentry:

In the attached screenshots the game context is that Jar ([INITIATOR_nameDef]) wooed Sephara ([OTHER_nameDef]). From Jar logentry, that is what happened ("Jar a flirté avec Sephara"). From Sephara logentry, Jar wooed Jar ("Jar a flirté avec Jar")...

The last part of the sentence is the same on the two screenshots, where Sephara is correctly identified as the [RECIPIENT_nameDef] ("Sephara rejected/a ignoré etc."). This last part is from another file DefInjected/RulePackDef/Interactions_Romance.xml

It looks like [OTHER_nameDef] should be [RECIPIENT_nameDef] in order to avoid switching names in this case.

[attachment deleted due to age]
b606

Make the French RimWorld Translation at maximum quality.
French Optimisation Mod

Miklos

I noticed a small bug in the Log for the stable branch B19 on Steam
What happened.
Log of Colonist 2 showed Colonist 1 attempted to romance Colonist 1. Colonist 1's log doesn't have this problem
What you expected to happen.
Colonist 2's Log to show Colonist 1 attempted to romance Colonist 2
Steps we can follow to make the bug appear on our machine.
Spawn 2 colonists
Have 1 try to romance the other
Look at romancee's Log

mlzovozlm

elky

Not sure how to provide reproduction instructions for a string bug that relies on cooperation from the RNG Gods.

Yes I'm using mods, but nothing that alters social stuff afaik. Reporting to help out, but feel welcome to delete this post for ignoring the report guide until someone can be bothered spinning up a vanilla game and waiting for this specific flirt string to occur and reporting it again.

P.S. New version is awesome, keep up the good work! Naked Brutality is best game mode.

iridinite

In the social log for the pawn who was asked to be married, one of the pawn references seems to be mixed up: "Frost told Frost that he wants to spend his life with him."

It says "Frost told Frost" (should be "Frost told Gan") and implies both are male (whereas the last pronoun should be 'her').

For the other pawn's social log (the one who initiated the proposal), the problem does not occur.

Screenshot attached.

I made an account just for this, whew

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Tumuel

Just an error in the flavour text generation from what I can see.

(Looking on Tater's social tab the log entry shows up as normal)

b606

b606

Make the French RimWorld Translation at maximum quality.
French Optimisation Mod

Tynan

More identical reports merged, thanks b606.

Tynan