[B19] Blueberries

Started by Syrchalis, August 21, 2018, 03:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syrchalis

Adds blueberries, blueberry wine and bluciferum

Blueberry bushes are slow growing, rather sensitive to fertility and have a ramp up period. They yield blueberries which can be ingested to help with recovery from illness. They can also be made into mash which can be fermented into valuable blueberry wine or processed into Bluciferum, a drug similar to penoxycyline which is taken after infection (instead of before like penoxycyline) to help with recovery.

They can also be used as food or made into meals, however that is not a very efficient way of using them.

In-depth information
Blueberry bushes need 12 days to grow and 8 days after harvest. They do not need to be replanted. They yield 8 blueberries on harvest. Fertility sensitivity is 125%, so try to find rich soil.

Blueberries themselves can be eaten one at a time, at high speed. They never give food poisoning, but the nutrition is not better than the other crops, so they are bad as food, because they grow slowly. They will however grant the blueberry buff for 3 hours (stacking) so use them as tribals to help with diseases.

Blueberry wine acts mostly like beer, but gives more joy and makes a bit more drunk. It also grants a full day of the blueberry buff. It's luxury to use it as beer substitute, because it's main purpose is as trading good. You can earn twice as much with blueberry wine than with beer. However it needs twice the fermenting time, so make sure it doesn't get ruined by temperature.

Bluciferum is made from four blueberries and one neutroamine. It gives the blueberry buff for a day as well as another buff that gives immunity gain speed. Side effect is tiredness.
IMPORTANT: Bluciferum acts as 100% tend for muscle parasites and gut worms (even if they are already tended!) and it reduces the remaining duration of fibrous and sensory mechanites by 2 days. Instantly cures food poisoning.

Universal Fermenter
This mod comes with the mod "universal fermenter" - as user this is pretty much irrelevant for you. The fermenting barrel gets replaced by a universal one which can ferment different things, depending on it's setting. However, this means if you add this to an existing save in which you have fermenting barrels, they might disappear - either way, you will need to reconstruct them, as your old ones will not be automatically replaced by the universal ones.
Originally Universal Fermenter is made by Kubouch
Updated to 1.0 by me
Blueberry plant texture is from VG

Steam
GitHub
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

OFWG

Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

wastelandr

This looks cool.

I have a dumb question. I have 2 simple xml mods that I would like to upload to the steam workshop but can't figure out how to do it and haven't found an answer via google either. Is there a guide or info on actually uploading to the steam workshop?

Thanks for all your awesome work.

eddiebyrd

This is not completely compatible with 1.0. My colonists do not do anything when this mod is installed.

Canute

eddiebyrd
maybe read
"How to report a mod bug"
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=38291.0
and try to attach a modlist and if some red text appear at the log window, the complete error log.

spyderwebsc

Quote from: eddiebyrd on August 26, 2018, 11:34:16 AM
This is not completely compatible with 1.0. My colonists do not do anything when this mod is installed.

Works in my current playthrough. Got some Bluciferum from cargo pods and my colonists will use it and store some in their inventory as per their drug policy.
I haven't tried growing it yet though.

Do you get any errors in your debug log?

eddiebyrd

I believe this forum allows me to post the fact that it's not completely compatible with 1.0 in this forum thread and I did. Thank you for your input.

Quote from: Canute on August 26, 2018, 01:47:33 PM
eddiebyrd
maybe read
"How to report a mod bug"
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=38291.0
and try to attach a modlist and if some red text appear at the log window, the complete error log.

eddiebyrd

When the add-on is included/added, the colonists do not do anything. When it's removed, they are active and the game acts as normal. This has been tested many times now. And since we're likely not to get the fruits and veggies mod back any time soon, its disappointing to be stuck with the vanilla offerings in regards to available food to grow.

Quote from: spyderwebsc on August 26, 2018, 02:02:27 PM
Quote from: eddiebyrd on August 26, 2018, 11:34:16 AM

Works in my current playthrough. Got some Bluciferum from cargo pods and my colonists will use it and store some in their inventory as per their drug policy.
I haven't tried growing it yet though.

Do you get any errors in your debug log?

rawrfisher

Eddie please post an output log
I suspect you may have a load order issue
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

eddiebyrd

There is nothing in this post indicating what order mods should be loaded in, except for the obvious ones.

Quote from: rawrfisher on August 27, 2018, 10:19:15 PM
Eddie please post an output log
I suspect you may have a load order issue

rawrfisher

What you have been saying suggests its one of those rare issues where an unknown load order issue showed up.  At least that's what I think is the case.  I had a fairly similarissue myself and it fixed after reinstalling the mod which also lead to my moving it lower in my order
Professional jerk

eddiebyrd

It's at or usually at the bottom of my mod queue.

Quote from: rawrfisher on August 27, 2018, 11:10:00 PM
What you have been saying suggests its one of those rare issues where an unknown load order issue showed up.  At least that's what I think is the case.  I had a fairly similarissue myself and it fixed after reinstalling the mod which also lead to my moving it lower in my order

rawrfisher

Hmm I dont know what to say aside from try reinstalling it.

Side note:  I noticed all your forum posts seem to be in this thread lol
Professional jerk

eddiebyrd

Yes, because to me, an important integer of enjoying this game involves having a variety of food or in this case, crops. Im disappointed in not being able to use this mod, persay and with the vegetable garden mod not being updated.

Quote from: rawrfisher on August 27, 2018, 11:42:26 PM
Hmm I dont know what to say aside from try reinstalling it.

Side note:  I noticed all your forum posts seem to be in this thread lol

Syrchalis

I can't help you. Simply because I cannot reproduce the issue and apparently no one else can either. I suspect you run some 1.0.x version and not 0.19.2009, which is the current release of B19. 1.0 got moved back and it's now called B19 instead.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.