[Mod suggestion] Dual wielding weapon

Started by khun_poo, August 22, 2018, 02:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khun_poo

*Not the simple sidearm mod though  :D

I feel like early gun and weapon like handgun and knife are no match against rifle and long sword in late game. So, I guess dual wielding will allow them to make it viable.

The detail I like would be something that allow pawn to carry the same type of weapon to double the fire/ hit rate but suffer the manipulation penalty like -30% (to reduce the chance to hit a fair bit). Also, reduce exp gain from shooting and melee skill while dual wielding by 60% too.

The gun list that allow to dual wield are;
Auto pistol, Revolver, Machine pistol and Triple rocket launcher ;D.

Melee;
Shiv, Knife, Gladius, Mace.

Thank you for reading  :D

Toggle

Even -30% to hit chance seems low. You're hip firing two weapons, you're not going to be nearly as accurate with two revolvers compared to a single revolver, you can't aim down the sights or control the recoil as well. If it was a colonist with low skill, they'd probably be more effective just using one gun than two.

As for melee weapons, I think if they have a decent melee skill for the knife/shiv and high for gladius/mace, but a low skilled person also isn't gonna as effective wielding two swords. Sure, they can just walk forward and stab a guy with both knives, but if the person is actually fighting back with another weapon, you're probably also better off just using one weapon.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

khun_poo

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on August 24, 2018, 01:55:47 AM
Even -30% to hit chance seems low. You're hip firing two weapons, you're not going to be nearly as accurate with two revolvers compared to a single revolver, you can't aim down the sights or control the recoil as well. If it was a colonist with low skill, they'd probably be more effective just using one gun than two.

As for melee weapons, I think if they have a decent melee skill for the knife/shiv and high for gladius/mace, but a low skilled person also isn't gonna as effective wielding two swords. Sure, they can just walk forward and stab a guy with both knives, but if the person is actually fighting back with another weapon, you're probably also better off just using one weapon.

Thanks for the reply.

I mean, that with the bionic attach, colonist can surpass 100% cap of manipulation stats. So, I think that -30% maybe a bit too low for a penalty. :)

The point of my suggestion is that to make the said weapon to be more useful in the late game. the amount of number can be change though.