Will 1.0 be compatible with B19 saves?

Started by Third_Of_Five, August 28, 2018, 01:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Third_Of_Five

A bit of backstory here: I started playing Rimworld back in November of last year. When I bought it I was only mildly interested; I was just looking for a new game to play really, almost out of boredom. But after the first hour of playing I was instantly hooked. Rimworld is easily one of the best games I've ever played. In fact, I got so hooked, the game actually got in the way of my schoolwork (I'm in college), and I had to force myself to stop playing it so I could focus on my classes. Then Beta 18 came out, and after my fall semester ended I picked up the game again and started playing some more. Soon after, I learned that the next version that was planned to be released would be 1.0; promising tons of optimizations and polishing the game in general. So, I decided to wait.

Fast forward to now, half a year later, and Beta 19 has come out. The actual 1.0 release is probably still another 3-6 months away. I've been waiting patiently for so long because I wanted to get the full experience of the game; to just enjoy it without bothering myself with whatever cool new stuff was being added in the next update, but also to not have to worry too much about bugs.

tl;dr: I've been waiting a really long time for 1.0 to come out because I want the game to be complete, so I can just delve into it while the game still feels fresh and new to maximize the fun as much as possible.

However, I'm not willing to wait an entire year.

So, just a quick question for Tynan, which I'm sure others like me must have:
If I were to start a new colony in Beta 19, would I be able to keep playing it in 1.0? Do you have any plans to add new changes/optimizations to 1.0 that would make it incompatible with Beta 19?

And if Tynan is actually reading this: Thank you for your patience in reading this massive block of text, hopefully I've expressed myself clearly enough.

Koek

I guess it all depends on the kind of changes that are to be implemented and if you are using mods which are or are not updated by that time.
I'd say, don't sweat it. Just play and maybe by the time 1.0 is released you'll have to start over or are already finished.

Also
Quote from: Third_Of_Five on August 28, 2018, 01:46:31 PM
massive block of text

You are like babby, I've seen far worse :)