New event: A large ship has crash landed near you (another zone)

Started by Bobisme, August 23, 2018, 11:38:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobisme

Much like the prisoner camp or item stash world events (etc)  the ship will disappear over time, you could say it degrades

The ship is a much more fleshed out 'poison/psychic ship guaranteed to contain scythers and centapedes but not necessarily containing the poison or psychic 'abilities'

You get a massive amount of components and plasteel apon ship part deconstruction and i recommend one AI persona core in the heart of the ship, maybe  a few weapons, i'd love to see an inferno cannon :P
litter the place with ship parts possibly a poison ship in 'one corner' psychic in the other, make the 'fleshed out ship enterable, a door etc..
You could make the place a mad house, mad animals every where, fires.. mayhem, possibly somtimes raiders got there first, arrive to a fire fight arrive to some dead or all dead, already looted?
prisoners?

...Reminds me of Xcom heh

Third_Of_Five

Quote from: Bobisme on August 23, 2018, 11:38:33 AM
Much like the prisoner camp or item stash world events (etc)  the ship will disappear over time, you could say it degrades

The ship is a much more fleshed out 'poison/psychic ship guaranteed to contain scythers and centapedes but not necessarily containing the poison or psychic 'abilities'

You get a massive amount of components and plasteel apon ship part deconstruction and i recommend one AI persona core in the heart of the ship, maybe  a few weapons, i'd love to see an inferno cannon :P
litter the place with ship parts possibly a poison ship in 'one corner' psychic in the other, make the 'fleshed out ship enterable, a door etc..
You could make the place a mad house, mad animals every where, fires.. mayhem, possibly somtimes raiders got there first, arrive to a fire fight arrive to some dead or all dead, already looted?
prisoners?

...Reminds me of Xcom heh

Maybe it would be a crash-landed ship like the one you came in. When you go to the crash site it would generate random ship parts scattered across an area, with maybe a few cryo chambers or injured survivors as well.

Toggle

Hm, would be interesting, and makes sense to have a rare event of a full on ship crash just like what happened to you originally. The plasteel and ai might be too much for a single event, but if it generates on a separate tile and contains a large amount of mechanoids to fight in exchange for that loot, I'd say it seems solid.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

deshara218

i've always felt it's a missed oppertunity for a game where you build a spaceship to escape to not have fully-built spaceships in the game. I get that it doesn't fit with Rimworld's Escape The Wilderness theme, but, the more Tynan fleshes out the world with interstellar trade, the more it seems it'd fit more than the Survival thing does.