How do I start a modless game without manually uninstall/reinstall mods?

Started by Thom Blair III, August 24, 2018, 09:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thom Blair III

I think I might have found a bug, but I have lots of mods installed. I want to start a modless vanilla game to run a test, but I don't want to have to manually deactivate all mods, then reactivate them all in the correct order once testing is done. How can I do this?
I was surprised to read about Angkor Thom in Cambodia. I looked up what "Thom" means and it's "big" or "great", so my avatar icon is ធំ which is "Thom" in Khmer.

5thHorseman

Quote from: Thom Blair III on August 24, 2018, 09:35:28 PM
I think I might have found a bug, but I have lots of mods installed. I want to start a modless vanilla game to run a test, but I don't want to have to manually deactivate all mods, then reactivate them all in the correct order once testing is done. How can I do this?

When you try to load a save, if the mod list is different the game will give you the option to load those mods, restart, and then load the save. This is how I do it when I want to go temporarily vanilla for some reason, and then back to my preferred mods.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Thom Blair III

Ok, but does that mean I have to manually deactivate all my mods to start a vanilla game?
I was surprised to read about Angkor Thom in Cambodia. I looked up what "Thom" means and it's "big" or "great", so my avatar icon is ធំ which is "Thom" in Khmer.

5thHorseman

Quote from: Thom Blair III on August 24, 2018, 11:06:36 PM
Ok, but does that mean I have to manually deactivate all my mods to start a vanilla game?
Not if you have a save named "Vanilla" that all you use it for is to load the vanilla game.

But yes, you do actually have to tell the game you want to run in vanilla if you want to run in vanilla. ;)
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

BlackSmokeDMax

copy your current modsconfig.xml from the config folder.

archive that somewhere else.

Now, delete that file from the configs folder and restart rimworld. It will be in a default state with no mods activated.

Make a copy of that vanilla version of modsconfig.xml and archive it somewhere as well.

Now you can switch between the setups by using the appropriate version of that file in the configs folder.

Or you can use the mod that does all that for you. forget the name, and no idea if it is up to date. i never personally used it.

Thom Blair III