Argh!!! It's a heatwave!

Started by Grapplehoeker, August 25, 2018, 01:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grapplehoeker

Argh!!! It's a heatwave!

After all these many hours of play and 165 colonies, sometimes Cassandra will get you good and there is nothing to be done but take your lumps, take a break and start over another day.
Today, colony FFS165 got off to a great start in a flat temperate forest with a huge river. This is unstable build 0.19.2006. Cassandra savage.

Early days of the first year...
And then... my cook has a catatonic fit due to psychite withdrawal... no problem, the other two can pick up the slack and there are plenty of meals prepared.

And then... my hunter/grower starts wandering in a sad daze due to nothing in particular... no problem, there's one left to carry on and he's an industrious builder/miner.

And then... he starts a furious tantrum because... it's dark. OMG, dark... seriously Cassandra? Sigh, ok so these tantrums don't last long. Wait, stop you stupid idiot... don't go bashing the chemfuel! BOOM! He's down and on fire...

But, wait, what's this? A Man in Black arrives to save the day! Whoohoo! Now go get busy! What the hell? He's unable to do any doctoring, he can't cook and he cannot construct. Sigh... just get everyone to bed and hope that one of them recovers to treat and feed the rest.

And then... A Heatwave!
Nobody recovers and the Man in Black succumbs to heat exhaustion and that was the end of the short lived colony FFS165

I dedicate this song to their memory ;(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k0GDQrK2jo

Skryabin

This is exactly why we love Rimwold!  8) Beautiful story!

Hans Lemurson

Game-ending scenarios are frustrating when the colony you've invested hours into goes out with a whimper.  But the story of the cascade of failures that ultimately lead to its demise is always entertaining!  And that's what RimWorld was made for.
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.