Unable to load mods

Started by LaffyTaffy, August 21, 2018, 07:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaffyTaffy

as of today i tried to run rimworld and got these errors. ive added some mods to start a new playthrough but have changed and tweaked the list but cant get this error to go away even after reinstall and removing mentioned mod. when i try to load any this error comes up and deactivates all of the enabled mods.

https://imgur.com/a/KRxrCq6

5thHorseman

Just looking at those I'd guess this is a single mod that's not updated to 0.19, or had something in the current build break it even though it worked in earlier 0.19 versions.

I don't generally do mods that add items so I don't recognize the names, but it can't be too hard to figure out which one adds "Varmint Rifle" and "Laser Rifle" and "Assault Carbine" weapons.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

LaffyTaffy

Quote from: 5thHorseman on August 21, 2018, 09:02:25 PM
Just looking at those I'd guess this is a single mod that's not updated to 0.19
im not on 0.19 though and everything ive downloaded has been for 0.18 so i cant figure out what it is thats doing it
edit: tried removing that mod and another popped up as the error

Canute

Hi,
at first i suggest to use Modswitch Mod, then you can manage your mod's a bit better and you can adjust your modlist to your safegame if needed.
Adding mod's can be difficult, most mod's arn't perfect.
You shouldn't activate all mod's at once, do it at smaller batcher.
So you can identify mod's that cause error's on startup pretty early.
Then you should ask at the mod-topic about that error and until you got the Ok or an update of that mod, you should avoid it.

LaffyTaffy

no clue what was going on. Didn't remove mods, actually added more, and it fixed its self after slowly enabling each