(0.19) Is there a way to remove scars?

Started by redxlaser15, August 26, 2018, 05:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redxlaser15

Lemme tell you a story:
One day, Badger decided it was a great idea to get into a fight with Nik. Well, you see, Nik has a plasteel longsword and 15 in melee. I was able to replace Badger's limbs, but now he has scars on his torso and neck. Which I am unable to replace, as far as I know.

Is there any way to get rid of scars?

InventorRaccoon

Luciferium heals scars over time, although that obviously comes with drawbacks. The only consequence-free way to remove scars is to use healer mech serum or resurrector mech serum from quests.

zizard

Apart from luci there technically exists mech serums in the game, but their rarity is decreased if they are mentioned in the feedback thread. Permanent injuries are supposed to enhance the story.

Scavenger

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

redxlaser15

Oh ya, I forgot about Luciferium. I ain't doin' that. Sure, I may have a stockpile of, like, 50, but it has 'Lucifer' in the name for a reason. Using healer mech serum for that seems a little inefficient.
That said, you can replace lots of body parts, but you can't replace your torso or neck. So maybe it wouldn't be too bad of an idea to just use my mech serum on tiny scars and turn my colonists more-or-less into cybermen in all other cases.
Since I've already made this relevant thread, I might as well ask here: Is there a mod (for 0.19) that helps with getting rid of scars?

Ser Kitteh

It would be nice if we're able to use glitter meds to remove scars and save the healing serum for something as serious as a brain injury or something. But then again that would also mean luciferum would be a lot less useful. I'd have no idea how to balance it.

Dargaron

Quote from: Ser Kitteh on August 27, 2018, 05:24:37 AM
It would be nice if we're able to use glitter meds to remove scars and save the healing serum for something as serious as a brain injury or something. But then again that would also mean luciferum would be a lot less useful. I'd have no idea how to balance it.

What if the Healer Mech Serum cured Luci dependence? Possibly as part of a long-acting process in which the colonist still has to take Luci. That way, you can either:
1: Tough it out and keep the scars.
2: Use Healer Mech Serum to remove a scar without any downside.
3: Use Luciferium and make sure to keep a stable supply of the stuff to enjoy all-around better Pawn performance.
4: Use Luciferium only as long as it takes to heal the scars, then use a Healer Mech serum to replace/flush out the degrading nanobots. At the end of the process, the colonist is reset to "factory default," but it's cost a Healer Mech Serum and 5-6 Luciferium.

threephi

My last playthrough I got about eight healer mech serums through various quests.  I was very pleased that they were reasonably available with a little effort.  Between that and bionics, by the end of the game my pawns were some very healthy scar-free cyborgs.

5thHorseman

Maybe if one Healer Mech Serum can regrow your entire leg, it should also be able to just heal all scars in one dose.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.