Beta 19 - Polish the Cannons released!

Started by Tynan, August 28, 2018, 12:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow_T

Some feedback:

It seems that many traders come right at night when pawns are all going to bed, not critical but kind of annoying- I imagine there is some reasoning behind it though?

I had a bunker composed of limestone walls and sandbags, like so WSWSWSW, 4 drafted pawns behind it, and they wouldn't shoot a scyther 3-5 diagonally tiles away as it destroyed a solar panel. Also, a lot of times when you have drafted shooter pawns and right click something to attack they go to melee it. I'm kind of frustrated with combat lately, it feels unintuitive. I am playing modded though.

I do like the themed raids, I had an all melee raid which was fun, and I wish I would have tried to save the colonist who had like 19 snipers on her tail.

Might be a bug, I had a visitor sick with the flu visit while I was sniping a charge blaster centipede, the centipede had 4-5 rounds of shots at the guy who was firing at it from pistol range, dude didn't have a scratch on him.
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

Meziljin

i got a bug that litellay ruin entire game experience....

i sent an expedition to a quest (clearing a bandit camp), after i won the fight, i stealed 5 lights (dunno english name, in italians are "plafoniere") and a warmer ("radiatore"). when caravan went back to my base, i placed that items and even if they say there is no electricity (im tribal and still not yet researched) even the lights and the warmer work perfectly energyless (the room where warmer is placed is effectively warm during the worst winter i got (-33 outside), the room is 22 instead, and even the light are working into the other rooms (benefit on moods)
. this bug break entirely the research and che base building because is stealed items works even without energy i can bypass research totally.

EDIT: Update

Seems problem solve if you re-replace the buildings, i replaced the heater and it stopped works without energy, but light still going (never replaced)

Snafu_RW

I suspect youuninstalled the lights/heaters without claiming them first. The outcome you experienced certainly sounds like a bug: either uninstalling should automatically claim, or items must be claimed before being uninstalled..
Dom 8-)

Tynan

There is a bug with electrical items being moved between maps, but it's fixed in next build.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

PatrykSzczescie

My experience of playing B19, compared to B18. The difficulty is Cassandra Rough.

This time I decided to play with tribals, unlike to B18. I realized all the pawns had an interest either in shooting or melee fighting. Their skillset was really satisfying. People used to say that tribals were more difficult so I was astonished.

Hunting was uncomfortably easy. I was aware of the chance of going manhunter when hunted. Most predators go passive, especially that some of my hunters were great both in shooting and handling. Moreover, when a manhunter animal approached the hunter, there was no slow down. The hunter could run away easily if was faster than the animal.

Hunting improves shooting much greater than it was in the previous versions, but I wonder if the improvement wasn't too great. I started with at least lvl3 shooters and within a year all my shooters reached lvl11.

Cooking adjustment: food poisoning is now more serious so we gotta have a clean kitchen. Pawns bad a cooking have much lower chance to poison their meals due to incompetence but looking at their factor it looks too low for inexperienced chefs. However, most of the food poisoning came from a dirty kitchen. I can't find a way to make the chef clean the kitchen before cooking automatically unless I restrict areas, but the chef wouldn't get access to anything else. I had to put stove and butcher's table in separate rooms. That's sad, I liked building them both in one kitchen but butchering guarantees dirt. Also, I'm not certain if sterile tiles decrease the chance to poison food.

Caravaning is wonderful. All issues about caravanning from B18 seem to be solved. Foraging was what we were waiting for. Some pawns can travel forever if they're skilled with plants though. We can now choose routes instead of closing the tab because we wanted to make sure which way we were leaving the location. I also realized that if we had no colonies, the game goes much faster if we want to speed it up. I would be grateful if it applied to empty colonies as well. Also, I'd like to see how much fuel is needed to travel between two tiles so I wouldn't waste additional fuel when I transport a pawn to do a task and return after building a transport pod. Attacked caravans seem to never happen. Maybe I get good stealth, but I sometimes travel with groups that normally are supposed to be attacked sooner or later. I was mainly caravaning doing tasks.

Relationship decay is a good idea, in my opinion. This might calm those who are focused on being +100 with everybody only and freak out with a minor decrease. However, it's very easy to improve relation through gifts, especially of prisoners. There's a bug that there's no mood affection no matter what gift we send, we can even send a colonist as a gift. I'm even curious how much I'd improve relations with a hostile faction if I send them their own pawn but I wouldn't be surprised if the improvement was greater than releasing the prisoner.

I don't like how techprof subpersona core works. It instantly completes the current research. It means it's best to be used on those parts that require the most research points and this has the same effect as any other research, including the easiest ones. I even don't think we need any research facilitation.

Once I asked for graves not to improve home area when built. It was updated in an unstable build. Now, it's reverted. What happened?

I like portable deep drilling and dislike consumable deadfall traps in this version.

Raids seem to be much easier early game. Mechanoids are not that difficult as long as I focus on engaging lancers into melee fight and shooting off scythers before they approach. However, I made a grave mistake that made my colony to wipeout. There was an immediate mechanoid attack and I sent half of the colony to wear flak armor and helmets. Each part of armor required relatively a lot of time and I couldn't wear all I wanted when scythers approached the base. Maybe I wasn't supposed to store everything in the storage. Maybe I should start getting used to building shelves but I'd like not to take that much time wearing armor when an immediate attack occurs. Seemingly, mid-game raids are more difficult in this version.

walterneto

How do I research stone floors? (ex: Granite Floor)

5thHorseman

Quote from: walterneto on October 06, 2018, 06:06:42 PM
How do I research stone floors? (ex: Granite Floor)
Most likely you don't have any granite bricks. You need some granite bricks (not chunks) in a stockpile before you can plan granite floors.

I think also you need the stone cutting node.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

walterneto

I do have all these things ._.

I can build granite walls, I should be able to build the floors.

But as I saw in the last changelog, some floors now require research, I think granite/limestone are some of them. (I have their bricks).
And I did not find any type of research on the research tree that gives me the idea that they would unlock floors.

5thHorseman

Quote from: walterneto on October 06, 2018, 11:09:38 PM
I do have all these things ._.

I can build granite walls, I should be able to build the floors.
I just tried on the newest version of B19 and you can either make all tile floors or no tile floors, and the only thing that unlocks them is the Stonecutting tech node.

You can build walls and flagstone floors no matter what.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Serenity

Click on the floor icons. You should be able to select the materials

walterneto

Ooooooh I tottally forgot that hahaha some months without playing... -.-

Thanks.