Started by Tynan, August 28, 2018, 12:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icon

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Icon on August 28, 2018, 12:28:23 PM
Quote from: Serenity on August 28, 2018, 11:29:18 AM
No. You have to research it now

Ah!  Now I see that.  Thanks. :)

But, you can no longer grow them indoors in B19! Keep that in mind, especially if you plan on any extreme biome games.

RicRider

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on August 28, 2018, 12:33:00 PM
Quote from: Icon on August 28, 2018, 12:28:23 PM
Quote from: Serenity on August 28, 2018, 11:29:18 AM
No. You have to research it now

Ah!  Now I see that.  Thanks. :)

But, you can no longer grow them indoors in B19! Keep that in mind, especially if you plan on any extreme biome games.

There's a whole suggestion in itself. Add a research called 'vaulted roofs' that allows you to build really high roofs that allow you to grow indoors. Also skylights should be in the base game like Dub's mods.

Tynan love all the updates. B19 is so smooth and efficient on Mac with the 64-bit version. All the lag is gone. There's a massive difference when I compare it to gameplay on the B18 version.

The one thing that saddens me that's gone is the downing mechanic for mechanoids and the scyther blades. Hope someone can add this back with a mod. :O
##Coding Scrub##

Third_Of_Five

Am I the only one who hates the new textures for the spaceship parts?

The rest of the update is great, but those textures.. they just feel out of place somehow.

Seriously though, am I the only one?

RemingtonRyder

So... not sure if this is new to B19 or not, but is it intended that you get a hit to faction relations if you install a prosthetic arm on one of their people, when they are already hostile to you?

Basically, the situation was, I had a prisoner named Nadine who was in a bit of pain all the time because of a scarred arm. So I replaced it with a prosthetic arm, which eliminated her pain. Then I got the message about faction relations getting worse.

Here's the thing. The patient doesn't mind having the prosthetic instead - she has no ill will towards the doctor who did the operation or the rest of the colony for that matter. So why would her faction, who I did mention is hostile right now, be annoyed?

topace3000

Quote from: mtgox on August 28, 2018, 10:18:24 AM
A bit weird that all social fights seem to involve biting now!

Biting is definitely a bit too common, and I feel it tends to detract from the flavor a bit.  Imagine two wild west desperados (OK, space desperados) who get on each others' nerves and are finally pushed to the point of conflict--and suddenly they're rolling around chomping on each other?  Humans should mostly stick to punches, particularly in social combat.

mebe

It's really feeling pretty polished, caravans and quests are actually fun now and I love how melee is actually useful and that armour feels useful. On the down side I like Bionics but I think both normal and archo are a little too easy to obtain.

The only bug I've really noticed is zones and workbenches forgetting stuff e.g. your stove will stop making a kind of meal and you have to delete and recreate the bill to get it going again or a zone will somehow stop accepting things it is set to accept and you need to recreated it to kick it into life. Today I had an issue where "drop on floor" wasnt working.

Definitely getting there, the new graphics are great.

5thHorseman

Quote from: Third_Of_Five on August 28, 2018, 01:04:44 PM
Am I the only one who hates the new textures for the spaceship parts?

The rest of the update is great, but those textures.. they just feel out of place somehow.

Seriously though, am I the only one?

You may very well be. During the beta period every single graphical change had at least one or two (and frequently more) people who basically said the game was literally unplayable now that their favorite graphic had changed. I do not recall one peep about the ship parts.

I never actually made it to the point of launching (or building) the ship before 0.19 so can't tell you my own preference other than I like what's in the game now.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Aszh

Thank you so much for your hard work and the great changes.

I really hope the 64-bit release is an easy fix.  It was the one thing I was looking forward to most by far.

xextremex

Since Beta 19 broke my game, I disapprove :(

5thHorseman

Quote from: xextremex on August 28, 2018, 06:55:33 PM

Roll back to 18, load your save and finish it there. THEN upgrade.
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.

xextremex

Quote from: 5thHorseman on August 28, 2018, 07:08:07 PM

I'm playing 15. I never chose 19 but Steam did an automatic update.

5thHorseman

Quote from: xextremex on August 28, 2018, 07:09:14 PM

Okay.

Roll back to 15, load your save, and finish it there.

xextremex

Quote from: 5thHorseman on August 28, 2018, 07:15:57 PM

Okay.

It never changed from 15. Thank you for trying to help though.

5thHorseman

Quote from: xextremex on August 28, 2018, 07:17:28 PM
Quote from: 5thHorseman on August 28, 2018, 07:15:57 PM

Okay.

It never changed from 15. Thank you for trying to help though.

Oh weird. I assumed Steam auto-updated you to 19, not to some non-15 version of 15.