Beta 19 - Polish the Cannons released!

Started by Tynan, August 28, 2018, 12:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xextremex

Quote from: 5thHorseman on August 29, 2018, 12:11:25 AM
Oh weird. I assumed Steam auto-updated you to 19, not to some non-15 version of 15.
You're the only one who tried to help, so I wanted to say thank you.
It seems like Steam really messed up my game but I've managed to fix it make it ok.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: xextremex on August 28, 2018, 07:09:14 PM
Quote from: 5thHorseman on August 28, 2018, 07:08:07 PM
Quote from: xextremex on August 28, 2018, 06:55:33 PM
Since Beta 19 broke my game, I disapprove :(

Roll back to 18, load your save and finish it there. THEN upgrade.
I'm playing 15. I never chose 19 but Steam did an automatic update.

My guess would be it had something to do with this: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43506.msg428217#msg428217

xextremex

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on August 29, 2018, 12:38:56 AM
My guess would be it had something to do with this: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43506.msg428217#msg428217
It's very possible. When I tried reinstalling the first two times, it did not install the main .exe file. So strange.
I just hope this doesn't happen all the time with updates?

Elendil

A question: anybody knows how the mechanic where I can sometimes cure diseases if I start treating them immediatelly? I never noticed it before, but on beta19 (at least when it was unstable) I was able to cure 2 out of 3 cases of malaria right as they appeared.

JimmyAgnt007

Anyone else getting some minor lag right before a notification?  Never had it before and not sure if its just me.

Wrecker013

Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on August 29, 2018, 09:46:01 AM
Anyone else getting some minor lag right before a notification?  Never had it before and not sure if its just me.

In my experience this occurred in my heavily-modded games as a result of the game needing to select items from such a large list. Perhaps base Rimworld has had enough items added to it at this point to have a noticeable effect on the time it takes to generate raiders/travelers/traders, even if that effect is minute.

gnominoz

Anyone knows the seed Tynan used in the B19 release video on youtube ? The map looked very nice !

spaceage

My (steam version) of the game crashes whenever I click the "mods" button....

spaceage

Quote from: spaceage on August 29, 2018, 01:13:50 PM
My (steam version) of the game crashes whenever I click the "mods" button....

This is happening on both my desktop and laptop so  :'(

5thHorseman

Late in the 0.19 cycle, colonists started retaining their bed designations when going on caravans. This. Is. Awesome. One of my favorite things in the entire version. Seriously.

However, if you stay overnight after a raid and plop down your bedrolls - or even designate sleeping areas for your beleaguered travelers - they will instantly lose their beds back home. This is so sly and dastardly that I had to experience it 3 times before I figured out what the cause was.

So I have a request: Can we somehow keep colonist bed designations at the main camp, even when they get a bed designation on the road? I'd further like in multi-settlement games (even though they're not really recommended) to allow everybody a designated bed in every settlement, plus any on-the-road spots they may make while traveling.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Drewski

I vaguely tried to keep up with chatter when b19 was unstable but I wasn't aware of the changes to the stockpile settings. Thanks for that! Not just the fresh vs. rotten and dead man distinction (which are very nice), but stuff like being able to assign batteries and specific furniture. I also really like being able to uninstall workstations and assign them to stockpiles.

I mean, hooray, bridges and plate armor and stuff, of course, although I haven't had a chance to mess with much new stuff yet. But a lot of what I like about the game is trying to use management tools to avoid micromanaging noncritical stuff, and this improved granularity should really help out.

Tynan

Quote from: Drewski on August 29, 2018, 10:03:47 PM
I vaguely tried to keep up with chatter when b19 was unstable but I wasn't aware of the changes to the stockpile settings. Thanks for that! Not just the fresh vs. rotten and dead man distinction (which are very nice), but stuff like being able to assign batteries and specific furniture. I also really like being able to uninstall workstations and assign them to stockpiles.

I mean, hooray, bridges and plate armor and stuff, of course, although I haven't had a chance to mess with much new stuff yet. But a lot of what I like about the game is trying to use management tools to avoid micromanaging noncritical stuff, and this improved granularity should really help out.

Glad to hear. I would've mentioned that stuff in the video but I actually just forgot about it... it happens when the build gets so big.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Vidiks

Congrats. Love a lot of the new stuff. Also have a question:
Can anyone tell me if there was any change to the pawns way of reacting to events, or food lack reaction treshold, or something? Had 2 colonists in an initial colony of 3, getting enraged and attacking other colonists in less than 5 minutes for being hungry.
I have to note that while there was a warning about low food, it wasn't exactly over yet. Also, none of the colonists bio had any kind of indication or hint that would allow me to suspect they would go aggro on other colonists for any reason, or that they were in any way different. They were my initial 3, carefully handpicked. So, why 2 out of 3? Why not 3? There was nothing different between them.
Never had it happen to me before, and in several other colonies I remember only 1 other time where a pawn attacked it's buddies(and he was a violent, uncaring one, that guy lol), and at the time the colony had way more people. I'm just wondering if it was random luck or if something actually changed in that regard.  Cheers, and thanks. Keep the good work flowing.

TheBasic

I just love this game, regardless of updates - I think it's fantastic.

Well done and much appreciated for the continued improvements on what is already a very enjoyable game.

JimmyAgnt007

Quote from: Wrecker013 on August 29, 2018, 09:59:21 AM
Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on August 29, 2018, 09:46:01 AM

In my experience this occurred in my heavily-modded games as a result of the game needing to select items from such a large list. Perhaps base Rimworld has had enough items added to it at this point to have a noticeable effect on the time it takes to generate raiders/travelers/traders, even if that effect is minute.

I dont have any mods, just tweaked a few settings. (I like powerful reactors in my mountain) but it does the lag thing for all the events, regardless if its the first time or not.  Anyone else have this issue?