Beta 19 - Polish the Cannons released!

Started by Tynan, August 28, 2018, 12:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Tynan

falcongrey

As usual Tynan, I'm in no hurry to see you finish the development. The longer you take, the better the game becomes and not just in terms of polish! From day one until today, the adventure and stories that Rimworld has created has been astounding and fun! Rushed to finish games ALWAYS show they were 'rushed to release' and feel that in the game play.

I'm for one of opinion to be glad Rimworld is benefiting from a developer who has seen this mistake done by so many other developers and not following the footsteps!
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

Ramsis

Thanks for the hard work team! Finally able to craft bionics without a mod, bring on bionic labor forces on the cheap!
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

The Alien Way

I'd really like to see the tornado stay in as an option for custom scenarios, if possible :)

Excited to dig in!!

Teleblaster18

Congratulations on getting to this point!  Thank you for all of the effort in getting Beta 19 rolling...it's a ton of fun to play!

Namsan

Hello

Jdalt40

Psst, your latest fix to Rimworld B18 just broke B19's 64 bit for some reason. 64 bit is no longer available in B19 because it appears the executable was removed.

Go home Steam you're drunk :P
http://prntscr.com/knovtj 64 bit

xextremex

Please help..... Steam automatically updated my game and now it doesn't work. Please note I play Alpha 15. It was working perfectly fine until this update! As a new player, this is the first update I've seen.
1st: right after the update, I started the game. it began going to a black screen every time after "initializing interface". So I followed Tynan's own directions and did a complete reinstall of the game.
2nd: now I have no Rim World.exe file. Trying to run the game causes a Steam error to pop up and tell me the exe file doesn't exist. And it doesn't. The reinstall did not put it back??

Fixed. Thank you!

Tynan

Steam launch option problems should be resolved now, sorry about that.

It seems Steam has some sort of bug that causes it to serve content from one branch into another branch, if one of the branches has a depot (in this case the 64-bit build) that the others lack.

I'm getting in contact with Valve to get 64-bit back and working. For now it's all 32-bit on Steam.

xextremex

I will try another complete reinstall..

zizard

Happy to see another iteration since there were a lot of major changes in B19.

Ser Kitteh

i have a lot to say but I'll say one thing first:
You should mention in the blog post that guns can't fire point blank anymore.

Congrars, tynan. You can expect a big post about balance and what not in the future!

xextremex

It's working alright now. Thank you very much. Congrats on 19 and thank you for an awesome game.

robno

Congratulations on B19, was probably the right decision to split into two releases.
Sounding good in the video!