Beta 19 - Polish the Cannons released!

Started by Tynan, August 28, 2018, 12:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RawCode

64 build of 2009 can be made by just pasting updated assembly-csharp into existing 64 install, as other files and defs unchanged compared to 2006 build.

well, gj!

[attachment deleted due to age]

Snowcaller

Thankyou Tynan.

1.9 was just what i needed.
So many many colonies were having to be restarted.
So many pawns i'd formed irrational emotional ties to that i didn't get to lead away from the Rimworld.

Dave...alas.

Silliness aside it's a good, and i think right move, to have a stable build closer to where you are going.

tchiseen

I am a big fan of the changes from B18-B19. 64bit has been a blessing for my PC, too. More performance improvements would put the final version of this game in a very good place, I think, as the modding community is one of the most robust I've seen.

Elendil

So does this mean there will be another wave or changes/tweaks/polish before 1.0, or is this more or less 'it'? Don't get me wrong, I love  the changes and to me, Rimworld feels very much as a finished product. Just curious if there is any more player feedback/suggestions needed and if so, what type of feedback/suggestions.

Koek

I hope you get the 64bit version up soon. As tchiseen said, it was a blessing for my pc during the unstable.

Thanks for the awesome work, keep it up.

Cheers :)

Tynan

Quote from: Elendil on August 28, 2018, 06:38:59 AM
So does this mean there will be another wave or changes/tweaks/polish before 1.0, or is this more or less 'it'? Don't get me wrong, I love  the changes and to me, Rimworld feels very much as a finished product. Just curious if there is any more player feedback/suggestions needed and if so, what type of feedback/suggestions.

I'm hoping to keep further changes to technical fixes and optimizations from here to 1.0. I'm not against some design changes but nothing structural or destabilizing. That's the hope.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Bolgfred

Quote from: Tynan on August 28, 2018, 07:17:49 AM
[...]
I'm hoping to keep further changes to technical fixes and optimizations from here to 1.0. I'm not against some design changes but nothing structural or destabilizing. That's the hope.

So... the last update was beta 19, now followed by beta 20, which will probably result in a 1.0 release, but for now we don't have any idea what is  supposed to happen in beta 20 and we will find out when Ser Tynan is telling us in the next patch news which will be amazing?
"The earth has only been lent to us,
but no one has said anything about returning."
-J.R. Van Devil

Alenerel

I think you should remove the 1.0 version of the workshop for the time being.

Alenerel

Quote from: Alenerel on August 28, 2018, 09:22:21 AM
I think you should remove the 1.0 version of the workshop for the time being.

It was there when I posted this 20 min ago, now it isnt. Now I look like an idiot.

Squiggle

Congrats! I'm really enjoying my first playthrough. I'm sad that tainted will make it into 1.0, but understand the reluctance to change it. Are UI changes left for mods at this point as well?

Playing last night I noticed that my worg autorescued a downed colonist (cool), but brought the colonist to their bed not to the hospital. I didn't know what sort of condition the colonist was in so I clicked the colonist icon at the top but that displayed the Worg's info not the colonist, so I started freaking out worrying that the colonist might bleed out if dragged all the way to their room. But there was no way to get the Worg to stop or drop the colonist. Panic. It all turned out fine in the end. :)
- animal rescue should go to medical
- can't view colonist info that is being rescued (by animal?)
- UI to cancel animal activity (haul/rescue)?

mahtay

I don't see batteries. Are they in another area? I dont see them researchable, either.

mtgox

Hey Tynan, long time player (since ~a11/12 iirc). RW has become one of my favorite games of all time and I want to thank you and your team for making it such a pleasure.

Been playing the last few unstable releases, and now the official beta, it all feels very well-tuned for the first time. Everything from the tech tree, the raids, the ship and caravan frequency and threats, etc seems like it's balanced more or less appropriately for an early, mid and late game.

A ton of the quality of life improvements this update are appreciated, possibly opportunistic hauling most of all.

Some (relatively minor) notes:

• Multiple group raids are great, but the 'flee' alert needs to make it clearer that only one group is fleeing rather than the whole invasion.

• Infestations seem a bit underpowered now - advance warning is nice, but there aren't enough bugs to threaten a ~12 person colony with mid-tier guns on the multiple occasions that happened, for example.
    A bit weird that all social fights seem to involve biting now!

• Would be nice if research benches showed their research speed multiplier on the quick info tab in the lower left, the way hospital beds show infection chance, so we don't have to go into their full specs page every time to see how room cleanliness is affecting them.
The game is fantastic as always. Keep up the great work!

Icon

It looks like tree farming has been moved or removed, but I don't see anything about it in the release notes.  Was that a deliberate change?  Bug?  What's the expectation for how players deal with that now?

Thanks!  Awesome game. :)

Serenity

Quote from: Icon on August 28, 2018, 11:27:28 AM
It looks like tree farming has been moved or removed
No. You have to research it now

jchavezriva

A little improvements to the AI could make made for 1.0:

-Tribals stayed in map during toxic fallout instead of leaving, all got downed. When they could walk again, they would exit my base and get downed again after a few steps. Its overwhelming to be watching out for 6 guys doing this every minute during the whole fallout!

-Playing on ludicrous, the only stupid thing i have noticed AI to do is to stray away from a clear path to take the one with an insect-filled cave.
One time i saw them going to a cave that was in the opposite direction of my base, like if they came to the map to fight the insects.