Do Organ Conditions Transfer to the New Owner?

Started by Eldarin1, August 28, 2018, 03:08:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eldarin1

to make a short story long, I have an "organ donor" who would love to donate their eyes, since they can sense that their time in this world is growing short. The issue is that both eyes have cataracts, and nobody on the transplant waiting list is willing to take a chance on getting cataracts with their new eye. So the question is, does the organ retain its condition when it is removed and transplanted, or does the organ become "pristine" with a clean install? I could find out the hard way I suppose...

5thHorseman

Can you remove an eye? I thought you could only remove lungs, kidneys, and livers. I don't think I've ever removed an organ with a problem.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Tynan

You actually won't get an organ at all, if the source is somehow diseased.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Hans Lemurson

Quote from: Tynan on August 28, 2018, 07:19:19 AM
You actually won't get an organ at all, if the source is somehow diseased.
You mean you avoided un-necessary data tracking on the organ items, but didn't have the common decency to give us a "Remove and re-insert the heart and it's as good as new!" exploit?  :'(

What kind of game developer do you think you are?
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.

Eldarin1

Yea, a closer inspection revealed that the eyes could be "removed" but not "harvested". The same with her damaged spine, although why I would want to remove a spine without a replacement on hand is beyond me. Also, healthy eyes could not be harvested, so forget signing the back of your rimworld license.

Thank you for the response Tynan, I feel like a part of the community now! :D

RawCode

you can remove damaged organ, but not harvest it

as you just can't harvest "bad" lung condition won't transfer.

fritzgryphon

Koek

Quote from: fritzgryphon on August 28, 2018, 03:08:35 PM
But I want to give raiders asthma...

This game really brings out the best in people doesn't it?

RawCode