64 bit vs 32 bit..

Started by pktongrimworld, August 28, 2018, 01:16:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigheadzach

Because SendOwl links only show downloads for the most recent version, I'm now paranoid that I didn't get the 64-bit version of Beta 18. Was there such a thing or am I just making that up?

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: bigheadzach on August 29, 2018, 02:26:58 PM
Because SendOwl links only show downloads for the most recent version, I'm now paranoid that I didn't get the 64-bit version of Beta 18. Was there such a thing or am I just making that up?

There was no such thing. 64 Bit was not available until the B19 (then 1.0) unstable build came out on Steam about 2 months ago.

Well, ignoring Linux, that was the first 64 bit build, but there is no 32 bit version of that one.

spaceage

Quote from: Jaxxa on August 28, 2018, 08:30:44 PM
Quote from: spaceage on August 28, 2018, 08:18:21 PM
Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on August 28, 2018, 05:21:47 PM
Quote from: UncleIROH on August 28, 2018, 05:07:17 PM
Mine says 32 bit. How do I get the 64 bit version?

Not possible on Steam right now. There was a problem where Tynan needs to talk to Valve to get it sorted out.

On DRM-free version, just download the appropriate file.

I tested the "1.0" version which had a 64-bit version on Steam. If this was a drug deal, I would've shot you--Where are the rest of my bits!?!?

Just run the 32-bit version twice so in total you get 64 bits. /s

64-bit was invented in 1999 when Billy Gates tried to run microsoft twice at the same time

harperers

I would have been fine if there was an option to run 64 bit manually, for the people that like to utilize alot more rimworld memory than usual. I wish i backed up the exe somewhere. Is there a way to get it from the unstable build if you only have the steam version?

pktongrimworld

hmmmm, *wonder how the progress of 64 bits on steam is going.

Tynan

64-bit has been live on Steam for a while now. For Beta 19 only, of course (the old versions have no 64-bit version).
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog