'bear skin' rugs animal head mount, via art

Started by Bobisme, August 28, 2018, 04:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobisme

i could see animal skin rugs and animal head mounts on the wall, adding to beauty, possibly a mood boost to some and 'not' to others.
reduced movement speed?
I'd like too see my trophy's if not in real life :P

AileTheAlien

Animal heads would be pretty cheap to put in the game; Just cut off the heads from the existing art, and put a cheap wooden-frame thing behind it. A very easy way to get more art / sculpture-like things in the game, without a lot of work! Or taxidermied animals - just use the same naimal art, but put it on a wooden pedestal! :)

Call me Arty

I made a similar post half a year ago, and I'd still love to see it. Without regurgitating the whole thing again here: There's a lot of pretty neat events in Rimworld that don't get the attention they deserve. Lots of pawns die for a lot of reasons, but I'd love to personally mount the head of the raider who killed my favorite pawn in the dining hall, or the room of the pawn's best friend. It would surely have a lot more character to it than armchair made of a composition of similar leathers no. 37, like we have now. Most creatures already have a dedicated head sprite (as Aile pointed out). Since most animals are quadrupeds, a skin rug could easily just be some generic sprite the same color as that animal's leather.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!