[0.19.2009][Steam Bug]64bit RW client cannot be started from Steam

Started by TheXev, August 28, 2018, 07:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheXev

Now that Beta 19 has moved to the normal branch, the 64-bit RW client isn't accessible from Steam again. :/  I can access it from Steam if I switch back to the unstable build, but in the normal branch, none of the 64-bit options are appearing.

BlackSmokeDMax

Tynan knows about this:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43506.msg428217#msg428217

"Steam launch option problems should be resolved now, sorry about that.

It seems Steam has some sort of bug that causes it to serve content from one branch into another branch, if one of the branches has a depot (in this case the 64-bit build) that the others lack.

I'm getting in contact with Valve to get 64-bit back and working. For now it's all 32-bit on Steam."

Tynan

It's a Steam issue, not a game bug, working on getting it resolved with them. For now 64-bit is just removed since it made no difference for almost all players anyway. Thanks for reporting!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

InstantAli3n

Quote from: Tynan on August 29, 2018, 07:40:13 PM
It's a Steam issue, not a game bug, working on getting it resolved with them. For now 64-bit is just removed since it made no difference for almost all players anyway. Thanks for reporting!
Hey when you put it back could you make a steam properties flag or something to set it 64-bit to default? Not only do you have to select it each time but if you click to launch Rimworld form anywhere else it launches 32 bit.

I did some performance comparison and the main difference is that you get higher FPS where it would be dropping some and it takes more to get it to start dropping. (I run at 165fps for example).

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: InstantAli3n on August 31, 2018, 03:26:40 AM
Quote from: Tynan on August 29, 2018, 07:40:13 PM
Hey when you put it back could you make a steam properties flag or something to set it 64-bit to default? Not only do you have to select it each time but if you click to launch Rimworld form anywhere else it launches 32 bit.

I did some performance comparison and the main difference is that you get higher FPS where it would be dropping some and it takes more to get it to start dropping. (I run at 165fps for example).

Just in case that isn't possible, i made a steam post on how to accomplish that: https://steamcommunity.com/app/294100/discussions/0/1711816348629828034/

Tynan

I just set up 64-bit, should work now by default (on default branch). For older branches you'll need to select the launch option (due to a Steam limitation I can't find a workaround for).

If there's still an issue please open a new thread. Thanks.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog