Because it was dark - major break trigger

Started by Grapplehoeker, September 26, 2018, 04:06:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grapplehoeker

This 'because it was dark' is a new trigger for a major break and my point is that the break behaviour (destructive tantrum) does not match the the trigger. Nobody ever starts trashing the place because it's dark. That's absurd and incongruous.
It should be a minor break in my opinion, and in that case it is a far more reasonable consequence if they were to 'sad wander' or preferably 'hide in room'.
https://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Mental_break

5thHorseman

Darkness was the last straw. I wish it said what the biggest one was instead.

His wife left him for the town hunk, right after mechanoids killed his dog. It's hot out, which always gives his missing left arm extra pain. And that fight he had with the town hunk left him in the unclean infirmary for 3 days with no television. On his way to the rec room (limping because of the scar on his right foot) he passes through a dark hallway, starts thinking about how the hallway is a metaphor for how his life's been going since he landed in this hellhole. THEN he goes berserk.

So it says "Last straw, it was dark" when it really should have said "The main cause was that his dog died" becuase as we all know, the worst part of all that was the dog dying.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

vzoxz0

Honestly in real life people deal better with big problems than small, so it makes sense as it is.